Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can/rail gap - Am I screwed?

I assumed my new Sionics 11.5" w/10" CMR rail would have plenty of clearance. But the actual rail length is 10 5/8". Looking at the pics below do you think I have a problem?

There is a 1/4" gap between the rail and the A2. About the same as between .30 cal taper mount and C4 rail. However the taper mount shrouds past the thread base a bit, maybe 1/8". And no crushwasher. So is my jailed Recce 5 going to be a no go? Seems like it might clear by a couple shims which would be great. Sure would hate to have to grind on the rail.
    Attachment 2336
    Attachment 2337
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll be fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on my math if your barrel is a true 11.5 and with your measurements that leaves you 7/8 of an inch. (22.22 mm)

My 10.5 barrel with a 9.7 SLR rail leaves .8 inch (20.32mm)

I converted it to mm for apples to apples comparison. Don't worry about it man. It should be fine. A nice close fit in fact.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks A5K. I had read 1-1.5" needed with slim rails and had run out of things to worry about. Retired life is too good sometimes.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can confirm fit with the Recce 5/7 on a BCM 11.5 w/CMR 10.5 combination. I'll snap a photo later when I have a chance if you'd like to see the gap.

That said, I did not use the GA shims that came with the mount, I just couldn't get it to time according to the instructions. At least not in a way that I felt comfortable with. The torque value was either too high or too low. I ended up using a Precision Armament Accu-Washer and Rocksett. So far so good...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can take a picture of my Recce 5 on the mount; the rear of the can doesn't come past where the bottom of the taper stops.

Edit:
    Found this online:

You'll be fine

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see Centurion does list the rail at 10.5'. At Sionics the URG ad says 10".

11B - That's how my Recce 7 fits also.

Viv - I would love a shot of your BCM/Recce 5 setup. A full profile pic of the gun would be nice to give me an idea how mine will look.

Thanks all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks A5K. I had read 1-1.5" needed with slim rails and had run out of things to worry about. Retired life is too good sometimes.
    Ha..ha.... Yep...that's why my med kit contains nothing but Prilosec and Rolaids... I've second guessed myself a million times, immediately after pushing the "Pay Now" button on the vendors website.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here you go, hopefully this will give you an idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great! Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great! Thank you.
    You're welcome, I love this combo!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Cans with CMR Rails. Great combo especially on SBR's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assumed my new Sionics 11.5" w/10" CMR rail would have plenty of clearance. But the actual rail length is 10 5/8". Looking at the pics below do you think I have a problem?

There is a 1/4" gap between the rail and the A2. About the same as between .30 cal taper mount and C4 rail. However the taper mount shrouds past the thread base a bit, maybe 1/8". And no crushwasher. So is my jailed Recce 5 going to be a no go? Seems like it might clear by a couple shims which would be great. Sure would hate to have to grind on the rail.
    Attachment 2337
    Oooh that's gonna be hawt
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Ha..ha.... Yep...that's why my med kit contains nothing but Prilosec and Rolaids... I've second guessed myself a million times, immediately after pushing the "Pay Now" button on the vendors website.

FT
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi00 View Post
    Here you go, hopefully this will give you an idea.

Sublime. Basic black really can't be beaten, and the CMR is such an elegant design. Classic!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There ain't nothin' wrong with a little gap.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!