Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks Like Rainier Arms will have the first batch. This one has Battle Cock written all over it!

https://www.rainierarms.com/polymer8...23-32-pf940cv1

Sign up for the notification. Taking Pre-orders soon. Coming February 6, 2017!

Polymer80 is pleased to announce the newest product in our series of pistol frame systems, the PF940Cv1. The PF940Cv1 is an industry first, a redesigned follow-up to the popular and successful PF940TM and offers compatibility with Glock® 19/23/32 components. Initial offering of the PF940Cv1 will be in black with additional color options to come in the months ahead. Polymer80’s determination to design, manufacture and provide quality and excellence in its product line is exemplified with thePF940Cv1.

Product Overview:

- Next Generation Ergonomics and Features

- High-Strength Reinforced Polymer Construction

- Aggressive and Adaptable Grip Texture (Optional - ReadyMod Blank Grip)

- Picatinny/STANAG Compliant Accessory Rail

- Serialization Plate

- Stainless Steel Locking Block Rail System

- Stainless Steel Drop-In Rear Rail Module

- Hardened Front and Rear Rail System Pins

- Complete Finishing Jig, Drill bits and End Mill Included

- Compatible with Glock® 19/23/32 Compact Frame Components

The 2 variants of the PF940Cv1:

The PF940Cv1 will have an aggressive texture applied to the sides, front and back of the grip.
    The PF940Cv1 ReadyMod will have a smooth surface finish for customization, stippling or texturing to the end users preferred style.

Attachment 2358
    If I'm reading this correctly, we should start seeing our frames next week???
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    If I'm reading this correctly, we should start seeing our frames next week???
    Yea and I hope we do. Mines already slated for some BC magic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Yea and I hope we do. Mines already slated for some BC magic!

Yep, I already talked to him, I guess I need to get with him soon! Having problems finding a 32 slide, except for a stock glock product. Hoping to find a stripped slide and choose my own components. Ooops! I think I'm taking this thread off topic, should probably be in the pistol forum.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Yep, I already talked to him, I guess I need to get with him soon! Having problems finding a 32 slide, except for a stock glock product. Hoping to find a stripped slide and choose my own components. Ooops! I think I'm taking this thread off topic, should probably be in the pistol forum.
    No worries that's what we do here .

Am I wrong to think all you need is a .40 Slide and a 357sig barrel? I thought the extractors and all were the same but I can't verify as I've never messed with one personally. I'm asking more than stating at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries that's what we do here .

Am I wrong to think all you need is a .40 Slide and a 357sig barrel? I thought the extractors and all were the same but I can't verify as I've never messed with one personally. I'm asking more than stating at this point.

I'm not 100% sure, but I found a guy that has a store and sells 32 slides, complete. I've got some questions I need to ask, but a stock Glock complete slide would probably make me want to buy a non-glock non-polygonal barrel. Other than that, I'd probably drop the striker spring from 6lb to 5lb. So I'd rather find a 32 slide or compatible, and buy my own components.

As to your question, I've seen that before with some heated debate, but can't remember what the consensus was. I'll need to talk to an aftermarket parts mfg about this.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that the main compatibility issue between 9mm and .40 Glock slide parts (for the same frame size) is exterior barrel diameter. I can't say I know the measurements between a .357 Sig barrel and a .40 but that probably going to be the main thing you need to check. The extractor and pretty much every other compatibility variable I can think of are the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I know that the main compatibility issue between 9mm and .40 Glock slide parts (for the same frame size) is exterior barrel diameter. I can't say I know the measurements between a .357 Sig barrel and a .40 but that probably going to be the main thing you need to check. The extractor and pretty much every other compatibility variable I can think of are the same.

Better double-check that. I don't think the extractor is the same. Or maybe it was the ejector? I used to be a Glock Certified Armorer but I haven't bothered to re-certify ... kind of lost interest. But I do remember them having different parts. They would often work, but not with 100% reliability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Better double-check that. I don't think the extractor is the same. Or maybe it was the ejector? I used to be a Glock Certified Armorer but I haven't bothered to re-certify ... kind of lost interest. But I do remember them having different parts. They would often work, but not with 100% reliability.
    Ah. Good catch. I said extractor when I was thinking ejector.

You'd want to go cartridge specific with the extractor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Ah. Good catch. I said extractor when I was thinking ejector.

You'd want to go cartridge specific with the extractor.
    Gen 3 40/357 extractors and ejectors are the same part number, but the 357 guns ran the taller rear sight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From Rainier:

"After testing of the new lower frames, Polymer80 decided to do a nitride treatment on portions of the lower to increase durability and longevity. Unfortunately, this will delay the lowers until the end of the month. As soon as we get them in, they will be ready for pickup or to be shipped out. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    From Rainier:

"After testing of the new lower frames, Polymer80 decided to do a nitride treatment on portions of the lower to increase durability and longevity. Unfortunately, this will delay the lowers until the end of the month. As soon as we get them in, they will be ready for pickup or to be shipped out. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much."
    I was just at Rainier yesterday talking to them about this. Don't you guys know better than to give a date and do a pre-order?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that explains why I haven't seen them yet. I assume it's more of an internal area being nitrided. Hopefully it won't affect BC and his awesome work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I was just at Rainier yesterday talking to them about this. Don't you guys know better than to give a date and do a pre-order?
    I predicted an actual release date of March-April when they first talked about another December release, so I'm not surprised.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww Crap! Well, better to get them right than rush them out, I suppose. As far as the slide issues, I spoke with the people at Lone Wolf (and purchased a bare slide). Their slides are marked underneath with .357/.40. According to them, all slide components are the same, for the .357 Sig and the .40 cal. So, I guess that makes that pretty easy.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that explains why I haven't seen them yet. I assume it's more of an internal area being nitrided. Hopefully it won't affect BC and his awesome work.

Nitriding is a heat treatment. That means they are doing any metal components before they mold the frames. If they try to nitride with the poly it would melt. Sounds like it could be a significant delay.