Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys

Interesting new RA barrel there..makes me curious who's blanks they use..

So many options out there...Humm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Just get a BA modern series barrel and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How does yours shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Lots of R&D going into this new barrel by Black River Tactical in cooperation with Faxon. Long thread on M4C about it. I have one on order.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...tegory=1852006
    Interesting, and is pretty light it appears..

Always wondered how those faxon barrels were themselves

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    How does yours shoot?
    For the money it shoots great. Anything MOA for not much over $100 is a steal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    For the money it shoots great. Anything MOA for not much over $100 is a steal.

Where did you find a BA barrel at that price? I can only find them for $150+

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Where did you find a BA barrel at that price? I can only find them for $150+
    I got it from here back in July.

http://www.tomstactical.com/ar15uppers/Barrels

I paid $115 shipped for the modern series. I was hesitant since I had ever heard or purchased from them but they delivered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I'm picky (definitely) but I choose my barrels on having proper gas port sizes. That leaves only a few manufacturers like Colt, LMT, BCM, old school Noveske, and Sionics.

An extra $100 for a known good barrel instead of shopping the bargain bin is worth it to me since ammo costs far outweigh barrel costs.

Edit: I'm a barrel and optic snob, for certain. Happy Rich? :)
    Last edited by Slippers; 21 December 2016 at 07:12.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Maybe I'm picky (definitely) but I choose my barrels on having proper gas port sizes. That leaves only a few manufacturers like Colt, LMT, BCM, old school Noveske, and Sionics.

An extra $100 for a known good barrel instead of shopping the bargain bin is worth it to me since ammo costs far outweigh barrel costs.

Edit: I'm a barrel and optic snob, for certain. Happy Rich? :)
    What's a proper gas port size for given barrel lengths? Like 10.5, 16, 18 etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Proper" seems to be subjective. Manufacturers over gas because consumers run crappy ammo. Keeps the customer service line from tuning because people don't have interest in matching barrels to ammo.

That's why I recommended the BRT barrel above. The balance, gas length, and port are all tuned "properly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    "Proper" seems to be subjective. Manufacturers over gas because consumers run crappy ammo. Keeps the customer service line from tuning because people don't have interest in matching barrels to ammo.

That's why I recommended the BRT barrel above. The balance, gas length, and port are all tuned "properly."
    That's kind of why I asked

And if you're running suppressed gas port size doesn't really matter because some sort of adjustable gas system really helps. So many factors go into it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Completely agree. I'd also add Centurion Arms in there. While I own 2 of his uppers, only one has his barrel, but it's been absolutely problem free, suppressed or unsuppressed, with spec ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I'm swapping a few things out, I'm looking at barrels too. Think I am going to go with a Ballistic Advantage too (thanks to advice here).
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Completely agree. I'd also add Centurion Arms in there. While I own 2 of his uppers, only one has his barrel, but it's been absolutely problem free, suppressed or unsuppressed, with spec ammo.
    What size is the gas port? If that's the main factor, we need to clarify what size it is along with the gas type and barrel length.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    What size is the gas port? If that's the main factor, we need to clarify what size it is along with the gas type and barrel length.
    12.5" M4 profile barrel with a carbine gas system. I don't know the gas port, but it's most likely bigger than my V7 gas port, as it runs unsuppressed with a H2 buffer (my V7 does not). I/you would need to go dig through my V7 post for its actual dimension, as I can't remember. CA barrel gives a whiff of gas, but isn't as toxic as others.

Admittedly, I do not have experience with his 16" barrels, but I'd bet their accuracy is on par with my 12.5". I'm not saying CA is the only option, by any means, just adding it to Will's list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BA has a 15% off sale going on...
    Dont think anybody has mentioed Megas barrels yet. Runnin a 16" on my last build. I like it alot.
    Nitrided 416 stainless ,1:8 twist, one moa guarantee. Whats not love...
    Last edited by Stone; 22 December 2016 at 19:41.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    White Oak Armory.....