Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Or upside down gas tubes and other epic screw ups. LMAO
    Okay, how does that work? Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well technically he does not post on the forums but you know him. UW says he's scared to post here. But you can ridicule him on FB. He goes by CT50......

And it makes the rifle a single shot weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm crying over here lol. And it wasn't a dremel, so hmph.

Belt sander at my plant's maintenance shop

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well technically he does not post on the forums but you know him. UW says he's scared to post here. But you can ridicule him on FB. He goes by CT50......

And it makes the rifle a single shot weapon.
    I image that's what it would do, just picturing seems like that wouldn't even go together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, got the gas block back off. Little bit of quick heat and tapping with a brass hammer got it right off with no issues. Gas block looks like shit, barrel is fine. Just going to order the Rainier Arms gas block.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely disagree with the "recreational shooter" mentality. I assemble every weapon like someone's life may depend on it one day. You never know where a weapon will wind up or what intended use is down the road. All gas blocks get pinned. 1/2 hour of effort and no downsides.
    Wait. I'm confused. I'm pro-pinning, and think it should be done if you can, but for a 500 round/year gun that sits in a cabinet the rest of the time, meh. You're pro-pinning because you have the ability to make it happen as a 'smith. Seems like we're in violent agreement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Wait. I'm confused. I'm pro-pinning, and think it should be done if you can, but for a 500 round/year gun that sits in a cabinet the rest of the time, meh. You're pro-pinning because you have the ability to make it happen as a 'smith. Seems like we're in violent agreement.
    This is really why I'm a big fan of recreational shooters buying Colt 6920s or other similar FSB guns. 500 is probably on the high side. I bet most of those recreational shooters go years without firing their guns.

Anyhow, I see both sides, if I had 2 or 3 rifles, they'd all get pinned GB's, if you have dozens with some being pure range guns, then I can see not pinning them.

But in principle we all agree.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I've gotten from this thread so far: rainier arms gas blocks fit Rainier arms barrels. Dang. They need that in their descriptions.

I recently got a 7.5" Ranier barrel and I slid my superlative arms block partly on after heating the block and freezing the barrel. Now it won't budge. You would think it's welded on. Sending to a gunsmith to remedy with tools I don't have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    What I've gotten from this thread so far: rainier arms gas blocks fit Rainier arms barrels. Dang. They need that in their descriptions.

I recently got a 7.5" Ranier barrel and I slid my superlative arms block partly on after heating the block and freezing the barrel. Now it won't budge. You would think it's welded on. Sending to a gunsmith to remedy with tools I don't have.
    Too much "match grade" going on lately.

Not sure when match grade came to mean "need a 20 ton press to put together," but if so, I (along with lots of communists) have been building "match grade" AKs for years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Meaning the mentality of cutting corners during a build based on "intended use". If someone lacks the ability I think they should pay someone. I've either seen first hand or photos of every technique used to secure a gas block fail with the exception of the proper way. Pinning. I have not bought a assembled AR in a long time but I would not look twice at ANY weapon without a pinned block.

And I am far from a gunsmith. LOL That's an insult to the real ones, although they get fewer and fewer every day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or upside down gas tubes and other epic screw ups. LMAO
    LOL! I'm trying to picture how that, and i can only imagine it would look like an M.C. Escher drawing...
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad everyone is learning something and having fun at my expense. Wanna know what I've learned? I'm not as good as I thought I was😢

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an asshole and I laugh at everyone else's mistakes. Don't feel special over it.

LMFAO I hope you know it's all in fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have thick skin, keep it coming!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the if it's all in fun...

Please make more screwball mistakes for our education, Das. LOL