Thread: 226 project

Downloads
    Uploads

226 project

I need to bring this old 226 workhorse new life. What would you do? IMG_3093.JPG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell it and get a superior weapon system?

Just teasing!
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gray Guns trigger and SRT kit. Maybe threaded barrel? Not a lot that a 226 needs. Miss mine....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks GriffonSec, I'll look into those parts. Would stripping and cerakoting the internals be a bad idea? I'm tempted to get it to a good gunsmith to make it run as good as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    assemble it with new springs, a SRT kit, and call it a day

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently did a West German 220 for a customer, Cerakoted everything including all internals. Not necessary but it gave him a new, even finish on all parts, everything functions smoothly, etc.

Took the time do debur some edges and crispen up the serrations on the stamped controls as well. He was very happy with the result.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many years ago I had a well used 226 that I sent to Sig for a factory tune-up, which essentially was a replacement of all small parts and detailed inspection. At the time it was a very reasonable cost. I then sent it to Checkmate for a hard chrome finish on the slide and matching anodizing on the lower, then new Trijicon night-sights. Wish I still had that one.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you don't want the wait of GrayGuns, check out Lazy Wolf Guns: http://www.lazywolfguns.com/sig-sauer.html

Rick Holm was the H&K guy at GrayGuns for several years, before he struck out on his own recently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's also Robert Burke.

http://www.thesigarmorer.com/

Another suggestion would be micro-slick coating on the internals and a nice Sig Dark Gray Cerakote on the frame and slide and some good night sights.
    Hogue grips.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the input guys! I have a Grey guns trigger and a Sig SRT. I think I'll put some new springs in it too. Even though the grip stippling isn't perfect I like them.

I have a local shop Cerakoting another project now, and if it turns out well I'll let them give this a coat.

I'm thinking black controls with a dark titanium slide/ frame. A nice dark green is so tempting though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Between this and the P320 stippling thread, I need to get more Sig's in my life.

Thanks for being bad influences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperhack View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys! I have a Grey guns trigger and a Sig SRT. I think I'll put some new springs in it too. Even though the grip stippling isn't perfect I like them.

I have a local shop Cerakoting another project now, and if it turns out well I'll let them give this a coat.

I'm thinking black controls with a dark titanium slide/ frame. A nice dark green is so tempting though.

My advice - if you are tempted by the dark green, just do it. I have re-done a number of guns done the "tamer" of two choices, usually a Ti/grey shade. I guess the thought process is to be more neutral with the color and more proper.. but those don't include satisfied. The one that tempts you, that's the one that will make you smile every time you look at it.

If you're spending the money anyway, go for broke. Live it up ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperhack View Post

What sort of progress did you make on this?

If you haven't done the cerakote yet, I would suggest you go for the dark green. I can say that it looks great on a 226.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have the X5 undercut done to it before Cerakoting. The X5 undercut really improved the feel on the Legion series.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa