Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

2016 WEVO Battle Kitty Giveaway - Build Thread

Well, thought I would get this thread started as I am excited for the build, very thankful for the opportunity, and welcome the insight and suggestions of my fellow WEVO members.

FIRST: A huge thank you to the WEVO forum, GOST, UWONE77, and all of the other admins/mods and members. I know it probably chaps some hides when a 50 post “newer” member wins a giveaway, especially one as special as the Battle Kitty. I wanted y’all to know that I am proud to be a member, check in daily to read up, and hope to become even more of a “participating” member with this build.

SECOND: Another huge thank you to Rainier Arms, CMT, Blowndeadline Custom and Arisaka Defense for their generosity in this giveaway and support of WEVO. What an awesome package. I will be doing my very best to use only WEVO vendors/sponsors for the build, even if I find it cheaper somewhere else.

LAST: I own 3 AR’s. Two Daniel Defense DDM4-V3’s and one Colt 6920 FDE…all factory built and purchased new. This will be my very first build, so please be gentle. I want to go “all-in” on this, do it right the first time, and do this Battle Kitty build proud. It will be the host for my new Griffin Recce 5 Mod 3 suppressor that I recently sprang from jail and have yet to mount or shoot.

That’s it for tonight. I am going to post up a list of parts that I already have for the build (finally get to put one of those enhanced or standard Fathom Arms BCG’s I bought to use) and a list of parts I am thinking of using. And of course there will be a list of all the things I’m forgetting/don’t know that I’m hoping you will chime in with.

Thank you again WEVO and thanks to my friend and fellow WEVO member @Former11B for his help with my first build. And yes, you can blame him for my win as he was the one that told me about this site a few years ago

Downloads
    Uploads
    What colors are you gonna cerakote the thing?

Congrats by the way. I think you're an excellent winner!

I have several ideas for ARs in my head. My problem is my wallet can't keep up! LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What colors are you gonna cerakote the thing?

Congrats by the way. I think you're an excellent winner!

I have several ideas for ARs in my head. My problem is my wallet can't keep up! LOL!
    Thank you Sir! I do appreciate it. And yes, I might be $elling a pistol just to make sure I do this Battle Kitty justice. My 5 year old son thinks Toys-R-Us is his personal warehouse for Christmas lol.

And man that is the hardest part so far in this decision making process...what to do with this awesome opportunity of a cerakote job by BDL Custom? Former11B showed me a woodland camo job that another member here did which was pretty impressive. Uwone is sending everything off to BDL at the end of next week which gives me a little time to buy a stock/tube and make a decision.

Thanks for the reply Alamo. Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know the ins and outs or possibilities of color types with cerakote, but I think a matching reciever set and rail that was midnight blue with some shiny flecks in it (like a car paint job) with a black barrel and furniture... that would look bad ass. It would be totally gucci but I think it would look cool.

I might ask around and see if a local auto body place could actually do a paint job on a set for me (eventually). I wonder how that would hold up?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs or possibilities of color types with cerakote, but I think a matching reciever set and rail that was midnight blue with some shiny flecks in it (like a car paint job) with a black barrel and furniture... that would look bad ass. It would be totally gucci but I think it would look cool.

I might ask around and see if a local auto body place could actually do a paint job on a set for me (eventually). I wonder how that would hold up?

Only issue is autobody paint might be too thick and fill in serial #'s and engravings

Mike, can't wait to see it! I'd personally go with some type of functional camo whether it's an oldie but goodie or a new take on it. Bring that Recce 5 over here while you see which stock you like and let's get it timed and mounted

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boat flake it! Target markers be damned!!!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, just purchased the barrel from Rainier Arms!

Bought the Rainier Arms UltraMatch .223 Wylde Rifle SDM 18" barrel:

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...lde-barrel-sdm

Also grabbed a Magpul ACS-L stock from Rainier to send to BDL Custom for the "to be determined" cerakote job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats man!

First time I've heard someone may be taking one of my patterns to BDL to have done.. often it's the other way around!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    Congrats man!

First time I've heard someone may be taking one of my patterns to BDL to have done.. often it's the other way around!
    Thank you! I appreciate it. And yes, I really dig that woodland camo picture you posted! Hoping BDL can replicate the great work you did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate it. And yes, I really dig that woodland camo picture you posted! Hoping BDL can replicate the great work you did.
    I wasn't jealous til you picked that pattern

Every time axlnut posts a picture of it....I turn up and drool on it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright...purchased a Rainier Arms Milspec Buffer Tube Kit and a Magpul Grip from Rainier Arms. Also purchased a Griffin SN-ACH Charging Handle from Griffin Armament.

Slowly moving forward...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Alright...purchased a Rainier Arms Milspec Buffer Tube Kit and a Magpul Grip from Rainier Arms. Also purchased a Griffin SN-ACH Charging Handle from Griffin Armament.

Slowly moving forward...
    You're lucky you're not local to Rainier Arms, it can be hazardous to your bank account.
    I've got the SN-ACH on my SBR as well and like it a lot. Mike will do a great job on the Cerakote, always does.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fairlanericky View Post
    You're lucky you're not local to Rainier Arms, it can be hazardous to your bank account.
    MCA and I are local to two PSA stores lol. They can do the same thing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fairlanericky View Post
    I've got the SN-ACH on my SBR as well and like it a lot. Mike will do a great job on the Cerakote, always does.

Ric
    No doubt. I am trying my best to order everything for the Battle Kitty build from WEVO sponsors and supporters.

And yes, I am very confident Mike @BDL will do an awesome job. The gallery on his website is impressive. Truly I have no idea what to have done...I keep going back and forth on various designs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd contact Mike and see if he had any ideas for a WEVO Cerakote job.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa