Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Layouts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I am obviously concerned with cost (to some degree). I don't want to spend stupid money but especially on something that doesn't make sense, but at the same time if you want to play you have to pay. At first I wasn't sold on all that terminal ballistics stuff but then after reading up on some stuff Molon put up my tune has changed in a big way. The cartridge and bullets and all that stuff matters.
    There are 4 phases to ballistics and they all matter, but some more, or less than others depending on the application.
    Last edited by Joelski; 25 December 2016 at 16:49.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post

Wish I had your sort of budget ...
    No shit, right? Or his key to the evidence locker!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should take a serious look at the AR15 Performance 12.5" 6.8 SPC barrel. Load up some 90 - 110 gr bonded or 110 gr TAC-TX bullets, throw on a can, and you'll be in business for hogs with accuracy and terminal performance at ranges that you wouldn't expect from an SBR.

Unfortunately, the barrel is out of stock for a few more months, but I know I'll be buying one as soon as they are available again. I have the barrel in 16" (it's my deer rifle) and it's fantastic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    You should take a serious look at the AR15 Performance 12.5" 6.8 SPC barrel. Load up some 90 - 110 gr bonded or 110 gr TAC-TX bullets, throw on a can, and you'll be in business for hogs with accuracy and terminal performance at ranges that you wouldn't expect from an SBR.

Unfortunately, the barrel is out of stock for a few more months, but I know I'll be buying one as soon as they are available again. I have the barrel in 16" (it's my deer rifle) and it's fantastic.
    I am down with that for sure. I need to buy another can though... which that is a given. I am going to buy at least a couple more at some point. That truly would give me a lot more options.

I really need to win the lottery though. In the mean time I have to prioritize what I get, or rather what order I get them in. I guess having a budget is sort of a good thing? Well then again no, it's not.