I am starting to stock up on pistol brass... particularly 9mm and .45.

Does anyone have any particular preference for brand of brass they run in pistols? Does anyone have any particular place they get brass from? I have some mixed .45 brass and when I am decapping and resizing it I can tell some of it is much harder and others are much softer metal.

I have a few thousand 9mm already but I was thinking about buying a bunch of military 9mm brass (because it's cheap and I can decrimp it really easily with my new decrimper tool), but for .45 brass... does anyone have any brands or sources that they prefer?

FYI I purchased 5000 9mm bullets and 2000 230gr .45's. The end goal is to load em all up and maybe have some brass left over for when I lose some etc. Once I get stocked up every now and then I will want to top off and basically just keep things in stock. Ideally I will keep 5,000 147 subs, 5000 124gr supers, and 5000 230gr .45's. That's my 'goal' to build up to that.

Right now I just used mixed brass and have had no issues but I am wondering if it's worth it to go ahead and get 'good' brass for pistol calibers? Rifles, yes. No question... but pistol? Is it worth it?