Downloads
    Uploads

KAK Blade vs Phase 5 Hex 2

I'm building an AR9 pistol (may be SBR'd later) and am looking at options for the buffer tube. I've narrowed it down to either going with a KAK Blade or Phase 5 Hex 2 with the foam cover. I have a Thordsen Enhanced Buffer Tube Cover on another Form-1-pending pistol and like it but want to try something different.

The Blade is pretty popular but I'm hoping some of you have used both types and can provide feedback on usability of both. Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have only used the blade. I selected it over other options due to their buffer tube. The dimples allow me to position the blade, and lock it in place, to properly brace my shooting style; knuckles almost drag the ground. It gives me the support I need, and allows a cheek weld I prefer. I do not shoot NTCH, and like my eyes a little higher than a buffer tube (even with a foam cover) would provide. Wish I could be more help, but wanted to share my choice and why.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have 2 AR pistols left, as I have enough SBR lowers that I don't really need them. Both of them have blades on them. Main reason, because the blade is on the cheaper side compared to the competition and they look decent. Like Jerry stated, I like how the blade is able to be adjusted and locked into place.

I had a Phase 5 tube, and they were comfortable (cheek weld) and well made. I just didn't think they looked as good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only keep one pistol lower now for when I want to carry in the truck. Before I got the SBRs I tried the foam cover, both types of Sig brace, the Thordson and the blade. Stayed with the blade for looks and locking length of pull. Easy to dimple any standard tube.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode