Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Doesn't break my heart... Magpul is becoming more of a Corporate entity, which could be their ultimate demise. Many larger companies have deviated from their original mission and been left sorely wanting their former success. SKU's, Logistics, all the dollar bill-speak of the bigtime. This is why there are no masadas, yet plenty of T-shirts and former staple items are being cut to make more belts. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have to be a loyal customer if they don't offer what I want.

From another forum:
    I see no sign that this will be the start of their demise, even if they're going more corporate as you put it. Personally, I love the fact Magpul keeps expanding their offerings into other platforms vs more colors.

Frankly, offering them in only black makes me feel like they're going back to their Core mission, which is making gear. Who cares if your magazine doesn't match your furniture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Who cares if your magazine doesn't match your furniture?
    The internet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with UW on this. Magpul is one of the most innovative companies out there. In recent years besides new AR furniture and Pmags we've gotten the Mbus Pros, inexpensive Glock mags and a fantastic armorers wrench.

Plus they were the most visible corporate 2A supporter in the last gun control campaign. The PR over loudly moving out of Colorado and devoting all Pmag production to beat the state deadline was priceless and proved costly for lefty politicians.They have earned their large, loyal customer base.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because Tee shirts are so mission critical.

Just musing, what with it being well past late 2014, i think something changed their mind. I certainly don't hold success against anybody. Is anybody talking about the colored polymer formulas being weaker than black? That doesn't matter either.
    Last edited by Joelski; 1 January 2017 at 16:46.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is anybody talking about the colored polymer formulas being weaker than black? That doesn't matter either.
    When the Gen 3 mags were released (is that the generation we are in right now?) Magpul was very up front regarding revised formula and how dyes effected the material strength. I think thats why you didn't hear a lot of people talking about it.

I think its very telling that Magpul only released black and later sand colored magazines. They made the choice to deliver a robust product to the consumer and sacrifice their potential profits.

I agree with the statements above. Just because they are expanding their product line doesn't mean that Magpul has sold out or gone corporate. They continue to refine there old designs and produce new high quality products at reasonable price points. Why should a company not want to expand and be profitable?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because Tee shirts are so mission critical.

Just musing, what with it being well past late 2014, i think something changed their mind. I certainly don't hold success against anybody. Is anybody talking about the colored polymer formulas being weaker than black? That doesn't matter either.
    Basically everyone offers T-Shirts. They're easy and have really good margins. No reason not to do them, especially when you have name recognition

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    [video]
    I guess that makes sense given their new contract award and/or use approval.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The internet.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I guess that makes sense given their new contract award and/or use approval.
    It sounds like MCT is a DoD requirement for future acquisitions. Now that the military is getting everything in poop color, I figure the next major conflict will be someplace either in the jungle or in the snow.

On the other issue, if you have customers who want to pay you to wear advertising for your business on their body in public then you'd be a pretty poor businessman if you didn't oblige them. I pretty much refuse to wear brand / logo wear unless the item was comp'd or is a brand I've worked for (or represents a souvenir from a cool trip - I admit, I do have and wear a T-shirt from the Guinness factory in Dublin).

Downloads
    Uploads
    To my understanding, no Masada had far more to do with being too small of a company than too large. They just didn't have the resources to produce a full rifle at the time.

Dying mags is stone simple and effective as well (on topic and all).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    It sounds like MCT is a DoD requirement for future acquisitions. Now that the military is getting everything in poop color, I figure the next major conflict will be someplace either in the jungle or in the snow.
    Curious to see if they will shift priority of production to Mil contracts (ie: USMC).

Thought, kind of doubt the Army will switch to PMAGs as standard issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    video
    I don't know about you, but I thought that was a pretty cheesy/lame attempt at trying to recreate the theme/tone of the War Department videos.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my Lancers but I still want one of those clear PMAG's.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I wouldn't want to spray paint mine but then again I'm just a plain Jane kind of guy.

I wonder if magpul sells sand color base plates? I could dye those and have my mags color coordinated.
    What's wrong with the spray paint? Don't tell my rifles that

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be attempting a fakelite and a plum mag die from sand mags when I get my Saiga back.

I'll post my efforts and results.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/