Downloads
    Uploads

Sig Sauer 1X6 Triplex Reticle "Hell Fire" scope 1/2 off from MSRP

There was a thread running a few days ago that went from a Leupold Review, and sort of wandered off into other 1X6 scopes. I woke up this morning and had a PM from BoilerUp suggesting I check this out. I just couldn't justify 2K for what I wanted it for, and this seems to be the answer. Sig Sauer 1X6 with a Triplex reticle and red dot .5 MOA graphite scope. MSRP on these are $1399 - on sale for $699. This scope was exactly what I had mentioned that had the features I wanted, especially the Triplex reticle and red dot. I checked around, and street price for these seem to be at or above $1K. So I jumped on it and ordered one about a half hour after reading Boiler Up's PM. Thanks BU, for catching this. Anyway if you're interested in a 1X6 at a price that won't feel like a heavy punch to the throat, you can check them out here: https://swfa.com/promotions/sig-saue...lescope-4.html

Thanks again BoilerUp for catching that. Can't wait to get it on the intended rifle to truly evalutate it. These are made in Japan, and I hope they stand up to SIG's standards for their other products.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a steal. I have a Tango4 4-14 and a Tango6 3-18. Not enough use to comment on durability but based on optical performance they are both above any Vortex I've owned. Never used the Hellfire reticle. Mine are FFP MRAD's.

Likely going to grab one of the 5-25 Whiskeys for that price. Seems perfect for my sons new 6.5CM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sig Sauer 1X6 Triplex Reticle "Hell Fire" scope 1/2 off from MSRP

For those interested, it looks like all their Tango6 lineup is on closeout at SWFA.

https://swfa.com/optics/browse.html?promotions=6822
    Last edited by fledge; 2 January 2017 at 07:53. Reason: Fixed Autocorrect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    For those interested, it looks like all their Tango6 lineup is on closeout at SWSA.
    I think fledge meant SWFA vs. SWSA.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    That's a steal. I have a Tango4 4-14 and a Tango6 3-18. Not enough use to comment on durability but based on optical performance they are both above any Vortex I've owned. Never used the Hellfire reticle. Mine are FFP MRAD's.

Likely going to grab one of the 5-25 Whiskeys for that price. Seems perfect for my sons new 6.5CM.
    It's hard to find a decent 1X6 for under 1k. Especially if you want the exact reticle set-up that I did. The Leupold MK 6's are going for around 2K, and that was hard for me to justify. In fact, I was going to pull the trigger on one, and at the last second, had second thoughts. I'm sure they are worth every dime of it, but I just couldn't justify it. I then set my "budget" on approx. $600. Couldn't find anything that fit that budget, and still configured exactly how I wanted it. When BoilerUp let me to SWFA, and they had exactly what I wanted for half off, or $700 plus S&H, I had to take a leap of faith and jump on one. Everyone else was asking about $1K to full MSRP of $1399, so if it's a decent scope I'll be elated. I don't expect it to go toe to toe with the MK 6's, but if it's really decent, I'll be happy. Just have to keep my fingers crossed, and see what I get.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to the review. I hope it fits your needs. Sounds like it should.

Now go pick up a Bobro for it.

Here is the SWFA Sale Page for the Tango 6. Not every model / option is there. Also, the Kilo 2000 Rangerfinder is on sale for $350, too. I suspect Sig is about to release some new models. Also, while the Hellfire reticle makes a ton of sense on a 1-6, I can't imagine it's a good seller on high magnification scopes, which are the versions of the 5-25 and 2.5-12 that are on sale. I wish Sig had a Christmas Tree / Horus style reticle on their 5-25.

Edit: forgot to actually paste in the link: https://swfa.com/optics/browse.html?promotions=6822
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 2 January 2017 at 08:09.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sinner,
    I like the Hell Fire because it's simple. A tri-plex cross hair with a .05 MOA red dot in the center. Scopes with horse shoe's, BC's and all manner of complicated "stuff" just won't work for me. Scopes with all of those things both annoy me (just too busy of a sight picture) and give me a headache, from eye strain, I suppose. Not knocking them, I'm sure it's just the way my eyes were built. Then add in the bi-focals, and they just won't work for me. I had no problem finding a few 1X4's with this type of "simple" reticle, but I googled myself into oblivion trying to find a 1X6, with just these exact features with no luck until BoilerUp found the Sig.
    Last edited by FortTom; 2 January 2017 at 12:38.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Looking forward to the review. I hope it fits your needs. Sounds like it should.

Now go pick up a Bobro for it.

Here is the SWFA Sale Page for the Tango 6. Not every model / option is there. Also, the Kilo 2000 Rangerfinder is on sale for $350, too. I suspect Sig is about to release some new models. Also, while the Hellfire reticle makes a ton of sense on a 1-6, I can't imagine it's a good seller on high magnification scopes, which are the versions of the 5-25 and 2.5-12 that are on sale. I wish Sig had a Christmas Tree / Horus style reticle on their 5-25.

Edit: forgot to actually paste in the link: https://swfa.com/optics/browse.html?promotions=6822
    Yep, ordered a BoBro too. Spent almost 1K before I had a cup of coffee. Damned expensive wake up call. Should have slept in.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Sinner,
    I like the Hell Fire because it's simple. A tri-plex cross hair with a .05 MOA red dot in the center. Scopes with horse shoe's, BC's and all manner of complicated "stuff" just won't work for me. Scopes with all of those things both annoy me (just too busy of a sight picture) and give me a headache, from eye strain, I suppose. Not knocking them, I'm sure it's just the way my eyes were built. Then add in the bi-focals, and they just won't work for me. I had no problem finding a few 1X4's with this type of "simple" reticle, but I googled myself into oblivion trying to find a 1X6, with just these exact features with no luck until BoilerUp found the Sig.
    Pretty much how I am. Had the Horus reticle and pretty much all the others. Over complicated and worthless to me. Mildot is about as complex as I need or use. And honestly the 1x on a optic is pointless. Can't stand how any one I've used looks compared to an Aimpoint and it carries a ridiculous upcharge for little gain. I'll take a 2.5-10 over a 1-6 or 8 any day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had the Horus reticle and pretty much all the others. Over complicated and worthless to me.
    Prefer to dial in instead of holdovers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Prefer to dial in instead of holdovers?
    On anything over 300 or so yes. Holds for wind and dial for elevation. I'm slow with the complicated reticles. As I age I prefer the simplest I can accurately shoot. Same reason I find FFP a waste on anything below a 4-16 or so. I have a few FFP 2.5-10's that are usable for about 7-10 power at best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exposed turrets and SFP?

Pass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Exposed turrets and SFP?

Pass.
    Wut?