Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good to know. I was curious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 with K-Mod, and I will probably stick with that on a build I'm thinking about, if only to be able to quickly switch accessories back and forth with minimal trouble. When I bought my first K-Mod, I was told how bad I had "F'd" up, because when the "New" (then) M-Lok hit the streets, all of my K-mod accessories would then turn to flaming rust and fall completely off of my "junk" K-mod handguards. Also heard that when the M-Lok hit the streets, that we'd never see anything K-mod again due to being obsolete. Update: Satan did not visit and cause those K-mod handguards and accessories to burst into flames while M-Lok stuff got raptured up into Heaven. I also didn't witness other folks K-mod rails burst into bits either. Haven't ripped any accessories off of anything, either.

On another note, I haven't seen anyone's M-Lok stuff just hanging by a thread either. Only complaints I've heard from friends and acquaintances, as mentioned above, is that M-Lok are a bit more of a PITA to get mounted, but not enough so to sour anyone on them.

My advice, buy either, they both work very well.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    After sitting on it a few days I think I may have been a bit harsh in my assessment of the M-Lok, however, I do think that not being able to mount accessories near the gas block is a design flaw that needs to be addressed.

The mounting of accessories being a pain in the ass, is just that...a pain in the ass. Once they are mounted, it is solid.

Its just a game of knowing the limitations of each platform and choosing what works best for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    After sitting on it a few days I think I may have been a bit harsh in my assessment of the M-Lok, however, I do think that not being able to mount accessories near the gas block is a design flaw that needs to be addressed.
    Magpul provides the TDP, so the spacing and size of the m-lok nuts are known ahead of time. It's up to the manufacturer of the handguard system to leave enough space for the nuts and screws.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Magpul provides the TDP, so the spacing and size of the m-lok nuts are known ahead of time. It's up to the manufacturer of the handguard system to leave enough space for the nuts and screws.
    And it's entirely possible - I know when working on forends I model an assembly and have multiple barrel profiles / gas block size and locations that I can quickly turn on and off. Helps to see any potential issues, some of which can be solved by simply shifting the row of slots or whatever fore/aft a tiny bit, or altering the extrusion shape just a touch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    To me both systems have their pros and cons. Keymod is a little easier to mount, but M-LOK is more solid. M-LOK takes less time to machine and looks a little better, but picatinny looks better than both. It's like whether you prefer Kelly Hu or Christina Hendricks, Asian or Ginger fettish.
    You had it wrapped tight til you missed Maggie Q.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like M-LOK wins an important battle: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/03/31...apon-programs/

Some interesting data comparing M-LOK to 1913:
    Failure load testing demonstrated that M-LOKTM systems support the highest load of all modular rail systems tested. In fact, the test equipment used to interface with 1913 accessory rails secured with the respective modular rail system across testing repeatedly failed prior to failure of the M-LOKTM attachment system. Even so, testing of the M-LOKTM systems failed at loads as high as over three times the maximum failure load of some other modular rail systems.