I assembled my AR308 build over the weekend:

Highlights include:
Aero Precision M5 receiver set, LPK, CH
JP Rifles 18" rifle length gas .308 Supermatch stainless steel barrel with black teflon finish
SLR Rifleworks ION 16" Ultra Lite KeyMod
SLR Rifleworks Sentry 7 adjustable gas block
Griffin Armament Taper Mount Comp (for the Recce 7 that I don't have...but a fella can dream and plan ahead, right?)
B5 SOPMOD Stock (OD)
Ergo Deluxe Tactical Grip (OD)

The build has been strait forward. The only real trick was getting the (not-included with receiver) capture set screw that retains the rear take-down detent pin spring installed (after trimming 6 or 7 coils from the spring). This is different on the M5 lower than a standard AR in that the spring comes down and is retained by the pistol grip if you don't use the set screw. Since dealing with one detent spring when changing grips is enough, I went to ACE and spent 40 cents on the #4-40 x 1/8" set screw.

Unfortunately, it's not quite ready to shoot as I don't have a Bolt Carrier. I hit the wall with my budget so am saving pennies to acquire the JP LMOS Carrier. It also needs a match trigger and I plan on eventually switching over to the JP Silent Captured Spring. The installed trigger is, I think, from my LMT. The trigger that came with the AP LPK actually wouldn't fit without removing the safety selector and I didn't want to mess with that. The other trigger I had on hand was just a tiny bit shorter and fit w/o removing the safey selector.

This is my first SLR handguard and I'm quite impressed. I like the BCM KMR mounting a tiny bit better but this is a very close runner up, IMO (and if someone told me they liked it better than the KMR system, I wouldn't argue). I was a little annoyed once I realized I should have ordered the barrel nut wrench at the same time I ordered the handguard so that lesson cost me and extra $7 in shipping.

Once I get the JP LMOS Carrier installed, the rifle should check in under 8 lbs 2 oz (no mag or optic). I'm pretty happy with that, as it is 1 pound heavier and 2 inches longer than my precision .223 build (with 18" WOA SPR barrel) and close to 3 pounds lighter than my PTR91K which is my only other .308. (granted, I replaced the polymer Navy lower with a surplus steel lower on the PTR, so that doesn't help). Also interesting to me is that this M5 build with 18" barrel is shorter than my PTR91K with 16" barrel. The collapsible stock helps, but it's even shorter if you measure from the trigger forward mainly because the G3 has a long receiver and action.

I'm really looking forward to finding out if the JP barrel lives up to the reputation. I have to say that the matching bolt that came with the barrel is beautiful. Unfortunately, it will probably be a few months before I am able to shoot it.