Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTEX View Post
    Remy 260

I like that. Really dig the color. Looks heavy, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I like that. Really dig the color. Looks heavy, though.
    Might want to look closer. That carbon wrapped barrel likely makes it lighter than most with a 16” standard barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Might want to look closer. That carbon wrapped barrel likely makes it lighter than most with a 16” standard barrel.
    Not sure if that's a proof, but depending on the model, they tend to weigh about the same as normal barrels.

For example, the 16" 223 proof is 1 lb 11 oz while a bcm 16" elw is 1 lb 6 oz, and a 16" government profile is 1 lb 12 oz.

Or the balistic advantage 20" 6.5 creedmoor tac gov profile is 2 lb 13 oz while the proof of same length and chambering is 1 oz less.

Sure, they weigh less than heavy profile barrels, so it just depends on what you make the comparison against.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Anything with a PRS on it looks heavy to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Color is custom Distressed OD Green cerakote. Barrel is Proof Research PR10 260 Rem in 20”. Not a light gun but not too heavy. I got the build specs somewhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump cause I’m curious

What’s everyone’s aero or other 308 builds weighing in at? What length barrel, scoped or dot..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Bump cause I’m curious

What’s everyone’s aero or other 308 builds weighing in at? What length barrel, scoped or dot..
    My Aero Precision M5 build w/ JP 18" barrel and LMOS bolt carrier weigh just over 8 pounds without glass. My Razor HD on a Bobro adds another 3 pounds 12 ounces.

My 2A Xanthos build with Wilson Combat 18" 7mm-08 barrel, JP LMOS bolt carrier, and some V7 parts comes in at 7 pounds flat w/o glass, and my Zeiss Conquest V6 in Geissele Super Precision mount adds another 2 pounds.

When I really care about weight, I switch to the small frame side: my deer rifle is a 6.8SPC which weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces with the Razor LH 1.5-8x32:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey boiler thanks for the reply.

8lbs doesn’t sound bad, but then that razor is chunky.. almost 4 pound setup...dang..

7lbs sounds even better. Nice rifle. For some reason I thought you had a 260 setup

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey boiler thanks for the reply.

8lbs doesn’t sound bad, but then that razor is chunky.. almost 4 pound setup...dang..

7lbs sounds even better. Nice rifle. For some reason I thought you had a 260 setup
    I just swapped the 20" BHW .260 barrel out for the 18" WC 7mm-08. I'll probably put that .260 barrel into another upper for the M5 eventually. I bought the .260 when there were no reasonably priced 7mm-08 barrrels on the market but I always really wanted the 7mm-08. Wilson Combat released 7mm-08 barrels recently and had them on sale over Christmas so I picked one up. Really no reason to have both 7mm-08 and .260, but if I ever pick up a Tikka T3X TAC A1 it will probably be in .260 so I expect to keep the caliber around and use 7mm-08 for hunting (which is why I wanted the lighter weight) and .260 for paper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wilson's offering their Armor Tuff coating on their barrels now. Kinda torn between one of those and a 20" fluted UM from Rainier Arms. The 18" BA on mine is the heavy profile and it just feels heavy with that girthy rail. Fluted but longer will be a wash, but I'm certain it'll feel a little more nimble with a skinnier rail.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Aero M5 with a 20” BA med heavy is right at 9# without optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski ..I’m not exactly sure but going from a 18” to a 20” of about any kind is probably gonna be a wash in weight.

Jmj.. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, glad to help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski ..I’m not exactly sure but going from a 18” to a 20” of about any kind is probably gonna be a wash in weight.
    Oh, I'm not worried about that. Aeros are just gonna be a heavy gun and there ain't much that can be done about it. Birth hips in the beam, but comfy in the cockpit, IYKWIM.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Oh, I'm not worried about that. Aeros are just gonna be a heavy gun and there ain't much that can be done about it. Birth hips in the beam, but comfy in the cockpit, IYKWIM.
    Exactly, just take your protein powder before you hit the woods with it