Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a theory about this because it's happened to me several times and I used to be a package handler for UPS in my college days for a summer.

I think they scan it going onto the truck. It then slips between the cracks "literally" since the package is so small. They then just claim it's been delivered because they can't find it on the truck anymore and go about their day. We'd find small envelope packages all the time in between the gaps between the trucks and loading dock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Just wanted to mention that Aero did send me a replacement bolt catch. Unfortunately, FedEx never delivered it then lied about the delivery date after the fact (a day after the planned delivery date they said the Delivery will be reschedule, a few days after that it said it was delivered on the original scheduled date). I have heard of that happening but it was the first time it's happened to me.
    FedEx has a frequent habit of "rescheduling" deliveries, and I call sketchy bullshit!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they are just way too optimistic. They call it "shipped" before it even leaves their building. Every time I've had a delivery from JM Bullion, for example, my shipment date has been extended by a couple days and I got several emails saying "blah blah rescheduled". I'm quite patient so it doesn't bug me but still, just be honest guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny, FedEx just dropped off the delivery from Aero Precision, 18 days after they said it was delivered to my front porch (and about 3 weeks after Aero shipped it - I live about 1 hour away from Aero). And I can confim that Aero's current Bolt Catch is different than the one they included my LPK 4 years ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Funny, FedEx just dropped off the delivery from Aero Precision, 18 days after they said it was delivered to my front porch (and about 3 weeks after Aero shipped it - I live about 1 hour away from Aero). And I can confim that Aero's current Bolt Catch is different than the one they included my LPK 4 years ago.
    You could have walked over to Aero and picked it up a lot faster than 18 days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve had nothing but long F’ing delays and excuses from FedEx
    F them
    Ordered some small items from primary arms, took FedEx , 26 days..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tinkering with the M5 again. Swapped out the optic, stock, and grip.

Optic - I moved the Razor over to my new Savage 110 Elite Precision bolt gun. The Razor was a little "too nice" for this build, so I replaced it with a Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 that I got on closeout from EuroOptic (discontinued EBR-2D reticle) for $550. These have a good reputation for the price so I had been wanting to try one and this seems like a good pairing. Also, after always being an "MOA guy", I decided to go with MIL so I could start working on becoming fluent in both. For mounting, after considering many other and cheaper options, I also picked up another Bobro. I was really looking for a good excuse to try a new / different mount but just couldn't find anything compelling when I've been so happy with Bobro. The M5 has quite a bit of top rail so didn't need the extended mount like you would want for an AR-15.

Stock - While I've been generally happy with the Magpul STR for this rifle, I wanted to experiment with PRS style stocks. The LMT DMR stock caught my attention because it mounts on a standard carbine buffer tube and also lets you use the adjustments/notches on the tube. That versatility appealed to me, plus I'm an LMT fanboy. Picked up the DMR 556 on TOS EE. Used it for the first time yesterday. Initial impression is very positive. You can use the DMR 556 on a 308, but the Charging Handle will be blocked by the cheek riser when the stock is fully collapsed. One detent out on the carbine buffer fixes that (as pictured). I like this well enough that I'll look for a deal on a DMR 308 and then move this over to my 20" Rainier Ultra Match .223 build. These are really nice stocks and while a bit more expensive than some competing offerings, I'm surprised these aren't more popular given they mount directly on a Carbine tube.

Grip - Was running the MOE grip but after enjoying my experience and results shooting with the vertical grip on the MDT ACC chassis for my bolt gun, I wanted to try a more vertical grip on this rifle. Added a B5 P-Grip and after one session I think I'll like this. I didn't realize that B5 had updated to this version of grip as I had the prior versions with no texture and that was my only complaint. Now that they've addressed that I think I'll pick up another one or two to try on my SBRs that are running MOE K2+ grips. I thought I'd like the overmolded rubber of the K2+ but was leaning towards moving back to the BCM Gunfighter grips as I think I prefer those over the K2+.

Last edited by BoilerUp; 6 March 2022 at 10:23.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"