Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    You have one of those? With the oval'ish cut outs?
    Yup! Actually surprised someone knows they exist... unless you're trident82 or work for Geissele.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by echang86 View Post
    You in the market for an ORIGINAL MK1? I'm talking pre-jelly bean cut, super heavy Mk 1 version.
    I just got a 15" one I think may be what you're talking about. Does it have the old bolts that protrude and aren't countersunk into the rail. Also has no qd swivel. If I was ballin' right now I probably would. Ask me after taxes start coming in...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by echang86 View Post
    Yup! Actually surprised someone knows they exist... unless you're trident82 or work for Geissele.
    Nope and it would be awesome if I worked for Geissele.

I have a Jack Carbine ... though I have the later variant with the pear cutouts. Still, would be nice to have one of those original ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    I just got a 15" one I think may be what you're talking about. Does it have the old bolts that protrude and aren't countersunk into the rail. Also has no qd swivel. If I was ballin' right now I probably would. Ask me after taxes start coming in...
    Pretty sure yes. It's the rail originally on the Jack Carbine, before the revision was made.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just spoke with Geissele. The MK14 will be released in a few weeks, after the MK13. It will lack the pic rails at the front, just like the MK8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish they would make an 8" for 9" barrels. The 7" is just a tad too short. I would be all over it. Still want one for my 16".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    I wish they would make an 8" for 9" barrels. The 7" is just a tad too short. I would be all over it. Still want one for my 16".
    Not a lot of 9" barrels on the market. There are a few 8.5" 300 BLK barrels, but I can see why there aren't a lot of 8" handguards on the market. The demand would be limited.

Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Super Modular Rail MK13

SLR makes a quality 8" handguard. It comes down to aesthetics.

The handguard length I hear most requested is the 10.75 for 11.5" barrels. I think there's a market segment for that for Geissele. As it is, KAC, Hodge, and SLR are the only quality manufacturers that come to mind in that length.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I built mine one of the few complete quality uppers was from AAC. But they were hard to find in stock. So I modeled mine after them since they kind of developed the thing. At that time the only real options were 9" and 16" barrels. Seems odd people would be going longer, the only reason my simple brain can think was there were few hand guards to fit. I use an ALG EMR Keymod rail. And ALG being Giesselle.... oh well. I guess the SLR, or Mega (Same as Hodge but Hodge doesn't to 9") it is! Or I can get a different barrel LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why not the 8" Knights URX rail that came with the AAC upper?

https://www.del-ton.com/Knights_URX_...l_p/km1036.htm

I sold my used AAC upper too cheap a while back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the 8" URX on a 9" 300BO. If you go that route I can loan you the wrench......it wasn't exactly cheap for a one time use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The handguard length I hear most requested is the 10.75 for 11.5" barrels. I think there's a market segment for that for Geissele. As it is, KAC, Hodge, and SLR are the only quality manufacturers that come to mind in that length.
    An interesting observation, and one I'm not disagreeing with. My interest had less to do with 11.5" and aesthetics, and more with optimal arm-grabbing length for a SBR. The reason KAC won twice on my two 12.5" guns over Centurion Arms (which I like) was strictly because I appreciated the extra 3/4"***.

***Yeah, yeah....I'll save you the time. "So does your mom!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Why not the 8" Knights URX rail that came with the AAC upper?

https://www.del-ton.com/Knights_URX_...l_p/km1036.htm

I sold my used AAC upper too cheap a while back.
    Mainly 1913 is too bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    The URX in the link is a slick rail unless you are grabbing at the magwell or at the muzzle.