Uploads

Magpul Industries PMAG 30 AR 300 B Gen M3

COMING SPRING 2017

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag...ntent=GL9%2021

Name:  magpul.png
Views: 1078
Size:  527.7 KB

PRODUCT DETAILS

The PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 is a purpose-designed magazine for rifles chambered in 300 Blackout. Since it’s inception, 300 Blackout shooters have had to use a magazine designed for another cartridge, limiting it’s performance and compatibility. One of the nice features of 300 Blackout is the compatibility with 5.56x45mm parts, but with the magazine it is a compromise to do so. Due to the wide variety of projectile weights and shapes potentially decreasing overall reliability, a dedicated 300 Blackout magazine was a logical step for the PMAG line.

In addition to the performance gained by a dedicated mag, the PMAG 30 AR 300 B also offers a safer way to feed your 300 BLK rifle. When using 5.56 mags, the potential to chamber and fire a 300 BLK round in a 5.56 rifle with catastrophic results requires diligent ammunition management by the shooter. The PMAG 30 AR 300 B’s distinct rib design provides the shooter a distinct visual and tactile difference from any other PMAG to mitigate dangerous cross-loading issues. Along with optimized 300 BLK performance, the PMAG 30 AR 300 B brings along all of the GEN M3 features such as our next-generation impact and crush resistant polymer, aggressive front and rear texture, an easily removable slim floor plate, a paint pen dot matrix for marking and identification, and a dust/impact cover.

• Dedicated, purpose-designed magazine for rifles chambered in 300 Blackout
    • Optimized internal geometry accommodates the wide variety of bullet profiles used in 300 Blackout cartridges
    • Distinct rib design provides the shooter a visual & tactile difference from any other pmag to mitigate dangerous cross-loading
    • Carries forward the physical & performance features of the rest of the gen m3 line

Name:  pmag.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  32.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just out of curosity - anyone here that shoots 300BLK with PMAGs, ever have any problems?
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Just out of curosity - anyone here that shoots 300BLK with PMAGs, ever have any problems?
    Supers and subs, no issue. What I've heard has issues with PMAGS is the subs with round noses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyME View Post
    Supers and subs, no issue. What I've heard has issues with PMAGS is the subs with round noses.
    Yup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. Are people having feeding problems with their 300 BLK? I've never had a feeding issues with mine and haven't been seeing a lot of complaints on the interwebs, but this suggests that Magpul believes that for at least some portion of the market the 300 BLK isn't delivering on one of its promises. If Magpul would make a purpose-designed magazine for the 6.8 SPC, I'd buy it, but this product is more likely to create a problem for me (a new calibre specific component) instead of solve one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had a few over many rounds. I use a few mags specifically for .300 so they get used heavily. And smokey. lol I'll still buy a bunch of these.

Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Industries PMAG 30 AR 300 B Gen M3

I wish it was a normal 6.8 mag. I've not had a problem with 300bo in large and small pills.

Part of the appeal of 300 was that it required only a barrel swap. Not it's a barrel and a mag. Next will be dedicated 300 bolts...

And to think that after SHOT last year, Ken Hackathorn said it appears the 300 was dying... not sure what he saw but it seems to be exploding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope these eventually come in sand. It would be comforting to dye all my 300BLK mags a unique color. I do like the large recessed panel below the magwell for a sticker or paint.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I wish it was a normal 6.8 mag.
    That won't happen. Not enough room in the magwell, that's why the Six8 mag was designed from the ground up as a 6.8 mag and then the magwell was designed around it.

Part of the appeal of 300 was that it required only a barrel swap. Not it's a barrel and a mag. Next will be dedicated 300 bolts...
    You don't need dedicated mags. The PMag was the only mag on the market having issues and then only with a few certain bullets. Any mag without the internal rib will work perfectly fine with .300.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    You don't need dedicated mags. The PMag was the only mag on the market having issues and then only with a few certain bullets. Any mag without the internal rib will work perfectly fine with .300.
    Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but I think what he means is, with the creation of dedicated 300BLK mags, now manufacturers are going to start creating dedicated 300BLK parts - all as a marketing gimmick.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but I think what he means is, with the creation of dedicated 300BLK mags, now manufacturers are going to start creating dedicated 300BLK parts - all as a marketing gimmick.
    Precisely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    That won't happen. Not enough room in the magwell, that's why the Six8 mag was designed from the ground up as a 6.8 mag and then the magwell was designed around it.
    Plenty of factory 6.8 ammo fits in the normal magwell.

My comment is simply that a standard 6.8 mag would better serve the industry than this. My 300 rifles shoot fine with gen 2-3 pmags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't we recently decide that Magpul was above pandering to the tacticooly privileged?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plenty of factory 6.8 ammo fits in the normal magwell.
    The ammo fits, but it also takes up more of the magwell than 5.56 does. This leaves you with not enough room to make a 6.8 PMag that fits inside a STANAG magwell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    so far this is the coolest thing of the year and I don't even own anything in 300BO.