Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the translucent Lancer AWM mags for shooting 300 Blackout, and only 300 Blackout. Zero chance of misidentification for a mag loaded with 5.56.

I did test a bunch of 300 Blackout ammo ranging from 110gr supers to 220gr subs through various magazines when i first started shooting it. All rounds fed flawlessly through everything from USGI mags to Lancers to Gen 2 and Gen 3 PMAGs.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dedicated my translucent Lancers for the same reason. Also added rubber ID bands as an added reminder. Hopefully it will get to the point where just picking up a mag without the band will feel wrong. I still worry about grabbing the wrong Lancer in dim light and have too many to designate all to BLK.The black mag is a D&H 300BLK specific that I need sell or paint something garish to avoid mixups. If these new Magpuls come out in sand I would switch to them and dye a unique color.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    The rubber band is a good idea for cheap insurance. The vast majority of my AR mags are either USGI or PMAGs, so it was easy to dedicate my Lancers to 300BLK duty. I've got some black Lancers squirreled away someplace, but none are in use. The number is small enough that I should probably dedicate those to 300BLK as well and eliminate any chance of a mix-up.

I've got a pile of D&H 5.56 mags. What's different about the 300BLK version? Just the follower? Or did they actually make changes to the mag body?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, they changed a guide rib inside. From the reviews it seems some have problems with certain projectile shapes. I have not experienced issues I can be certain are mag related.

From Wilson Combat site:
    New D&H Industries 30 round aluminum AR-15 300 Blackout/7.62X40 WT optimized magazines.

These magazines have the internal rib positioned to improve function with a wider variety of projectiles in 300 AAC Blackout and with other .30 caliber AR rounds like 7.62X40 WT. Because these magazines are based off 5.56 parent magazines they will still feed and function in 5.56 rifles as well.

These quality military grade magazines feature a slick black Teflon finish and Magpul anti-tilt follower.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Style...HMAG30-300BLK/
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Yes, they changed a guide rib inside. From the reviews it seems some have problems with certain projectile shapes. I have not experienced issues I can be certain are mag related.

From Wilson Combat site:
    New D&H Industries 30 round aluminum AR-15 300 Blackout/7.62X40 WT optimized magazines.

These magazines have the internal rib positioned to improve function with a wider variety of projectiles in 300 AAC Blackout and with other .30 caliber AR rounds like 7.62X40 WT. Because these magazines are based off 5.56 parent magazines they will still feed and function in 5.56 rifles as well.

These quality military grade magazines feature a slick black Teflon finish and Magpul anti-tilt follower.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/AR-Style...HMAG30-300BLK/
    Sweet mercy... $23 a piece!

I think i'll give the Magpuls a whirl, or keep using my 5.56 mags.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Leave it to WC to figure out how to sell a $7.50 mag for $23!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, I almost forgot about these. I should grab a few.