Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Your tender paws is a result of using to much lotion.
    Can't get anymore tactical, without have nice soft hands now can we?
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    The cheese grater comments is just an internet myth. One guy reads it and spreads it around like a STD. I used quad a lot without gloves and never had a problem with comfort. The biggest difference to me is that if you have small hands and use a thumb over bore grip, the quads are a little bigger in diameter.
    I actually still prefer quad rails, or rail with a similar profile (like the Geissele Mk8). The "sharpest", if one could even describe it as such, quad rail i've ever shot was a Troy Bravo (sharper than any of the KAC rails i own or have handled), and even that could comfortably be shot for extended period with bare hands.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HD-48 View Post

I hope you're right. Is there anything you can tell from this picture? I don't own the gun yet but that's an aftermarket short rail right?
    If you don't own the gun yet, I'd just pass on it. You can do much better than that abortion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you don't own the gun yet, I'd just pass on it. You can do much better than that abortion.
    Easy, man... It's a Precision Designated Special Purpose CQBR Marksman Rifle.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Easy, man... It's a Precision Designated Special Purpose CQBR Marksman Rifle.
    Glad you guys said that, I didn't have the heart too.

On the other hand, purchase your next weapon, choosing the configuration that will let you modify, if necessary, it so as to end up with what you have in mind. It's hard to "back-solve' someone else's problem, or idea's to fit yours, unless you can readily eyeball the weapon and know right away that you can do what you want to achieve with it. Sometimes, if you're not a good gun mechanic (not saying you're not) and don't have access to a milling machine and a lathe, it's tough to make a lot of mods. If you have to pay to have them all done, you might be getting into a very expensive build.

Good luck, and let us know how things work out.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The cheese grater comments is just an internet myth. One guy reads it and spreads it around like a STD.
    Isn't that true about everywhere, internet? Now, I've got to go tear a Centurion Quad off of one of mine. Next time I shoot it, my paws might look like hamburger. Don't know how I avoided that before.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Isn't that true about everywhere, internet? Now, I've got to go tear a Centurion Quad off of one of mine. Next time I shoot it, my paws might look like hamburger. Don't know how I avoided that before.
    Tom, check your pm's. I am sending you an airbill to ship me that Centurion. It will show up with a case of Jergen's for utmost mission integrity. There will never be issues with grater effect on your dickbeaters, and your "six" will always be covered. Just lookin' out for a bro!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume that this is the rail your referring to.

https://www.leapers.com/prod_detail....atus=&mtrack=m

I have no experience with their products. If your wanting smooth I would consider using a shorter option like the Troy delta. The Troy is a better quality product.
    I am running the UTG (Leapers) 15" UTG Pro Slim on my TX Aero and I can't be happier for $ 125 from Buds Gun. It also comes with a Mlock QD and Rail Section.

Name:  FullSizeRender2.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  1.57 MB
    Last edited by TENTEX; 16 June 2017 at 06:09.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can honestly say that ^that^ Is the first time I've seen a UTG handguard and an ACOG on the same rifle.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can honestly say that ^that^ Is the first time I've seen a UTG handguard and an ACOG on the same rifle.
    I have bought and installed Geissele, SLR, MWI, Aero and UTG.

I would put the UTG Slim Pro fit and finish up against them.

My .02

That gun has a Green Mountain GM-M24-556 (1:8 twist, 18", Rifle length gas block) and it shoots pretty damn well with the IMI 77 Gr Razor Core at 100 yards suppressed.

Name:  IMI.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  240.0 KB
    Last edited by TENTEX; 19 June 2017 at 10:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Point is, you are using an Atlas QD bipod when a Harris would work "just as good". Granted, that rail looks good from 10 or so feet in a photo, but I've owned a UTG rail and I own Geissele rails. That doesn't compute. Everybody's been to that class.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Point is, you are using an Atlas QD bipod when a Harris would work "just as good". Granted, that rail looks good from 10 or so feet in a photo, but I've owned a UTG rail and I own Geissele rails. That doesn't compute. Everybody's been to that class.
    Altas Bi-Pod with QD can go on any of my AR's equipped with MLock Rail section installed. Harris is past their time.

The barrel nut and attachment of the UTG is no different than others on the market so zero concern.

I have 13" Geissele MK1 Desert Dirt but I find it bulky compared to some of the other brands these days. Not sure why people want to now spend $500 on it.

I challenge people to pick up the UTG Slim Pro and see what you get for $130.

My point is why by a Geissele Trigger these days when you can get a Larue MBT for $99 plus the ride.

No Brainer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Harris is past their time? Hardly.

I have no issue with UTG. Their newer stuff seems to be on par with low-mid level offerings on the market. Nothing wrong with that.

I think they're going to have a hard time shaking the reputation of their earlier stuff, which was basically melted pot metal. I've swapped out several UTG components for friends over the years.

Good to see UTG improving though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTEX View Post
    I have 13" Geissele MK1 Desert Dirt but I find it bulky compared to some of the other brands these days. Not sure why people want to now spend $500 on it.

My point is why by a Geissele Trigger these days
    Because they don't make them anymore.

Because it's combat proven.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rail looks familiar

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sigm400-elite-ti.html

SIGM400 ELITE TI

Name:  IMG_2398.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  956.0 KBName:  IMG_2397.JPG