Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hard to find rail

Does anybody know where I can find a free float 15in rail to fit a piston system and A2 notch? Nearly impossible I've come to find. Cmmg mod4sa is the intended gun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I should mention, the muzzle is hard attached so the A2 is unable to be removed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll have to use a 2 piece rail system like a Midwest Industries, or a Troy Delta. Does the CMMG have a carbine length piston system? If so I don't think I've ever seen one that's 15", most are around 12". Do you want a quad or smooth? I'm unfamiliar with the mod2sa, so I'm not sure if these options are compatible. The Midwest Industries is the higher quality of those options.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/181...aluminum-black

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...uard?a=1817641

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vism-ar1...handguard.html

https://troyind.com/rail-systems-acc...ils/drop/delta
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping to hear back from Leapers if their rail will fit a piston but I know Troy doesn't. Looking for a smooth, after hearing all the "cheese grader" comments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The cheese grater comments is just an internet myth. One guy reads it and spreads it around like a STD. I used quad a lot without gloves and never had a problem with comfort. The biggest difference to me is that if you have small hands and use a thumb over bore grip, the quads are a little bigger in diameter.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume that this is the rail your referring to.

https://www.leapers.com/prod_detail....atus=&mtrack=m

I have no experience with their products. If your wanting smooth I would consider using a shorter option like the Troy delta. The Troy is a better quality product.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah that's the one. I emailed Troy asking about one of their products that fits an A2 and they said all their rails are for DI gas systems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why is the muzzle device pinned and welded? Is it a 14.5" or do you live in a ban state?

Also, if you've got an A2 front sight base, I don't believe you've got a piston unless you added an aftermarket that doesn't utilize a dedicated gas block. The CMMG piston system utilizes a dedicated gas block that has a picatinny rail on top.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know, the cmmg mod4sa is a 14.5 with a hard mount muzzle to make it legal. A2 piston system carbine

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://youtu.be/cy5iIrQLbiE hard to find much else on this gun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the handguards off, I'm pretty sure you'll find a gas tube, not a piston.

Here's what the piston version looks like
    Name:  CMMG-MOD4-SA-Piston-Ar15-Rifle.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  48.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope you're right. Is there anything you can tell from this picture? I don't own the gun yet but that's an aftermarket short rail right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That rifle is DI, not a piston.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The cheese grater comments is just an internet myth. One guy reads it and spreads it around like a STD. I used quad a lot without gloves and never had a problem with comfort. The biggest difference to me is that if you have small hands and use a thumb over bore grip, the quads are a little bigger in diameter.
    I don't know - I've handled some sharp edged KAC rails in the past. Granted, I've never sliced my hand open either.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I don't know - I've handled some sharp edged KAC rails in the past. Granted, I've never sliced my hand open either.
    Your tender paws is a result of using to much lotion.
    flickr
    facebook