Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think people just have short term memories.

Hughes Amendment, 1989 Importation Ban all brought to you by Republican Presidents.

Obviously I'd love to see the HPA be a reality, but I'll keep filling out Form 4's until I hear otherwise. Besides, if HPA passes, good luck finding a can in stock for the next year.
    I hear ya. But if it's going to pass, now will be the time, with Republicans in control across the board. But like you said, Republicans have screwed 2A supporters in the past.

The biggest advantage for me will be reduced processing times on my Form 1s. With cans no longer needing BATFE approval, examiners should have some extra time on their hands. And i'm not concerned with suppressor inventory being depleted. I'm pretty well set up with what i've got (and whats still in the pipeline). It'll give my wallet a chance to recover.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'm the only person that thinks this Bill is going no where.
    The question was not do you think it will pass.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not getting my hopes up. BUT, if it were to pass, a .338 and .50BMG can from Elite Iron would be in my immediate future.
    NRA Life Member - NRA RSO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up. BUT, if it were to pass, a .338 and .50BMG can from Elite Iron would be in my immediate future.
    I own a few Elite Iron cans and without a doubt the SilencerCo .338 Big bore is a better can. My friend has the EE on a Desert Tech and the BB was quieter and much lighter. Great cans but too heavy and poor mounting options have really dated their design.

And piss off UW. It will pass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just these
    Name:  0112171120.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  804.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Just these
    Name:  0112171120.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  804.2 KB
    I hate you..

J/K, but damn!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I own a few Elite Iron cans and without a doubt the SilencerCo .338 Big bore is a better can. My friend has the EE on a Desert Tech and the BB was quieter and much lighter. Great cans but too heavy and poor mounting options have really dated their design.

And piss off UW. It will pass.
    LOL... I wouldn't be pissed at all. I will find it entertaining when people start bitching the can they want has been out of stock with no ETA for months.

I just think people have unrealistic expectations with gun bills.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL... I wouldn't be pissed at all. I will find it entertaining when people start bitching the can they want has been out of stock with no ETA for months.

I just think people have unrealistic expectations with gun bills.
    Kiss SF goodbye for a nice, long time. Mattis will be all about taking silent killer system wide once some good feedback comes in from that first Marine division that's getting them.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I'm the only person that thinks this Bill is going no where.
    If it's ever had a time to pass this is it. Even though I REALLY want it to pass I think it's probably wise to not get our hopes up too much.

Everybody knows I am 100% for it and pretty vocal about it too, but counting chickens before they hatch is rarely a good thing. If I go by my luck it will jinx the whole thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be happy (for now) with a condition that cans require the instant background check by an FFL to weed out felons. And only be transferred via FFL. This would sound reasonable to the non-zealot non gun owner. And I think the precedent would ease the way for applying the same standard next to SBR sales.

It could force the ATF to disclose what percentage of non-approved stamps would not have been caught by the insta-check. A tiny number would make it hard justify continuing the practice. A large number would call for a better criminal database which would also make ATF investigations moot.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I'd be happy (for now) with a condition that cans require the instant background check by an FFL to weed out felons. And only be transferred via FFL. This would sound reasonable to the non-zealot non gun owner. And I think the precedent would ease the way for applying the same standard next to SBR sales.

It could force the ATF to disclose what percentage of non-approved stamps would not have been caught by the insta-check. A tiny number would make it hard justify continuing the practice. A large number would call for a better criminal database which would also make ATF investigations moot.
    One thing is for sure: Trump can end the 41F crap with one stroke of his pen.

And you know what I think? I think the ATF wants him to. Why? Because they are under staffed, and supposedly under budget as is. They had all this paperwork coming out of their asses BEFORE 41F was implemented (unilaterally by Obama). Then after that action now they ALSO have the onerous task of doing a background check on each person that's on an application...which means they have... with the stroke of a pen almost tripled their work load with little to no increase in budget or staffing.

On a side note I did extensive background checks for a living for about 4+ years. Every single day for the most part I was doing the same kind of background check Obama supposedly instantly put upon the ATF.

Not only are they not staffed for it, they aren't trained for it either. In the organization I worked for it would take around a year for someone to learn how to properly conduct a full background investigation. You have to learn not only the penal codes for your state, but for every other state, as well as the history of the laws in question, as well as learn how to read and interpret legal documentation.

It's not so easy as 'put this guy's social security number in there and see if something comes up'.

The people that are free and clear and never got a parking ticket before are pretty easy to clear. One person could do 20 or 30 of those in a day. But the minute something questionable comes up it goes from minutes to sometimes months to clear that person.

I worked for a large government agency and was in charge of HR--and that agency required everyone (except office staff) to be legal to carry firearms as well as other minimum requirements. The section that I pushed paper for was responsible for clearing (and maintaining those clearances) for around 35,000 people... so in other words I'm not just speaking out of the left side of my ass here.

To put the burden of all these background checks on the ATF is onerous at best. And while we are on the subject the Insta-Check system is nowhere near fool proof as is. I could literally write you a book about how screwed up that is and why it's a weak system. Don't get me wrong it does catch some people but overall it gets about a C+ to maybe a B for being effective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While we wait for HPA, I'd think a modified 41F would be great. Retract the fingerprint requirements but keep the removal of local approvals.

Then create a streamlined approval system that takes only a week. We all have ideas how this can be simplified greatly without the need for congress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    While we wait for HPA, I'd think a modified 41F would be great. Retract the fingerprint requirements but keep the removal of local approvals.

Then create a streamlined approval system that takes only a week. We all have ideas how this can be simplified greatly without the need for congress.
    I kind of think this could happen...possible in lieu of the HPA. Why? Money. Still have a $200 tax (income), would still have to go through class 3's (income), but transfers would only require a NICS background check instead of the lengthy ATF manual processing (lower expenses).

Downloads
    Uploads
    They should not be regulated at all. Makes about as much sense as restricting optics. No serial numbers, no nothing. Just a add on accessory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    They should not be regulated at all. Makes about as much sense as restricting optics. No serial numbers, no nothing. Just a add on accessory.
    Completely agree, it's like states not allowing flash hiders.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa