Downloads
    Uploads
    1815 needs to come out first

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Last weekend at Cola Warrior West III

Roger,

Thank you so much for coming out to Colawarrior West and letting us check out your parts, and talking to us about gun stuff.

Honestly, the quality and intuitiveness of the parts blew me away. When you explained things and why you made design decisions, I kept wondering "why no one else had ever thought of that"

Downloads
    Uploads
    CW West III was fun even if I didn't run, I met you and other folks that felt as though we had known each other for years, that happens rarely. It's the people that make CW great, total strangers that already have something in common makes for unit cohesion.

Thanks for listening to me rambling about the thought process that went into everything, I usually lose people about half way through I'm critical of everything I see, especially the stuff we put out. There are always changes being made to new designs, and old ones (like ABC/R v2), drives our CAD guy and Wiley Arms, which makes almost everything we design, crazy, but I don't want to settle.

I look forward to seeing you guys again soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we did lose a couple of people when the two of us got going. But then again my day job means I deal with all sorts of crazy designers and engineers all day anyway, and if I get to talk about actual engineering for stuff I care about, I get spoiled up pretty easily.

Honestly what I love about your parts is that they are simple and elegant solutions or improvements. I may be loud and boisterous as a person, but I don't like overcomplicated mechanicals. I like stuff that works well and feels natural to use, or does its job without you knowing about it, and your stuff nails that concept.

Of course I also picked up to Colawarrior muzzle devices while I was there, and they aren't going to get used after the 6315 comes out, but everyone else at the range is going to be ecstatic when I swap my sidewinder for your birdcage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw the CW muzzle devices and thought that couldn't possibly be what they'd thread onto their barrels, it doesn't do anything

But I realized that's not the point lol.

I don't like flashy things that call attention to themselves. I've refused to adorn our products with necessary fashion touches, probably to our detriment. With the 6315, it's as plain as can be, which some have already commented that it doesn't look very different from the A2 on which it's based, little do they know that's kind of the idea, 6315 is meant to be somewhat stealthy, and not yelling "look at me!" because that has no practical use.
    Last edited by Duffy; 29 March 2017 at 15:44.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'm the guy who flew into Vegas with a Safety Orange rifle case, and I am planning a Camo Chrome paint job for my next build, because sometimes foolishness and not taking yourself seriously is fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    camo chrome?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going to be ridiculous, you might as well go the the extreme.

And why are you surprised, you saw my tattoos and clothes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was cold, we were all covered up, you had less clothes on than some, I remember one or two tats. I do remember one of the guys tucked his SIG inside his jeans as a daily carry

6315 went to heat treat, then black nitride platting couple of days ago, we're a week or so from launching :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    6315 went to heat treat, then black nitride platting couple of days ago, we're a week or so from launching :)
    How many will be in the first batch? I want to make sure i grab a couple before they sell out!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few hundred units, be sure to use your WEVO code

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few hundred units, be sure to use your WEVO code
    Awesome, thanks Roger!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll have a special batch for CW. If you guys get a 6315, would you prefer a logo laser engraved (tastefully small) on the bottom, or plain?
    Last edited by Duffy; 1 April 2017 at 06:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll have a special batch for CW. If you guys get a 6315, would you prefer a logo laser engraved (tastefully small) on the bottom, or plain?

Are you seriously asking that? Colabros mention Colawarrior more than Vegans talk about their diet. There are guys who wear nothing but CW t-shirts at the gym, and other guys who have CW tattoos. One guy had custom CW patches made for his Chuck Taylors.

Of course we want it marked with a CW logo.