Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls 6315

We're showing the 6315 to the public for the first time, and we're doing it on WEVO, future new products will be announced and unveiled here first as well.

A little background on this project. I have a collection of expensive flash suppressors, comps and brakes I have bought and used over the years. All of them have been replaced by the A2s that were originally on the rifles. The venerable A2 works well and is inexpensive, maybe it can be made better

As early as 2002, way before Battle Arms and Forward Controls, I had wished someone would make what we're calling 6315. It has A2 TDP dimensions (save for length, more on that later) so it's compatible with A2 mounted sound suppressors and BFA, think of it as how Forward Controls would do an A2.

The 63 in its namesake pays homage to the Stoner 63. The slots are based on the Stoner 63 flash suppressor. 15 simply means AR15. 6315's slots are oval and tapered, like the Stoner 63, the shape can also be found on HK, SIG and a few European designs.

We made the inside cone shaped opening slightly larger by reducing the wall thickness. the 10:30, 12, and 1:30 o'clock slots are longer than the 3 and 9 o'clock. We incorporated a wire cutting feature to the 6315. It may be of limited usefulness for many of us, but why not have it if it adds no cost to the unit? The overall length is slightly increased to leave sufficient material between the notches and 3 and 9 o'clock slots. It will NOT be long enough to make a 14.5" barrel 16", the increase is 0.04".

There are couple of hidden features from the asymmetrical slots arrangement that we still have to test, so I don't want to talk about them yet.

I can already hear "a solution in search of a problem" about the wire cutter feature. It's there, it doesn't cost anything to add, you don't have to use it

It isn't drastically different from an A2, it's how we would design a no-nonsense, un-flashy (no pun intended) all around useful flash suppressor/comp that doesn't break the bank.

Now that I've made you read all that, here's the pic
    Last edited by Duffy; 12 January 2017 at 20:22.