Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great, Roger.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't have known it was a protoype. Looks good.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeeeeeah these are looking good.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep us updated. These look great. I'd love to see them in action.
    Cory
    Marketing and Operations manager for Tyrant Designs CNC
    "Recreating Innovation"
    WWW.TYRANTCNC.COM
    cory@tyrantcnc.com
    (847)-447-0378

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do. Has everyone's business slowed down a bit since the election? It doesn't really matter to us, we're still bringing out products that have been waiting to be made, like the EMR-A, but some have been put on the back burner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been reading all over the internet that firearm sales, background checks, ammo sales, etc.,etc. have slowed down. A lot of us stocked up for the worst case scenario (hillary). I still build and shoot just as much but might be a few months or so before I need to restock.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Gotta take them off while they're hot. Only reason I have a suppressor cover. Got tired of stuck Surefire Cans.
    I had this problem once put some modern spartan oil on it after I shot the can it's been a year and haven't had one get stuck might be a fluke but it might work for ya , I can send you some if you want to try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great! I assume these are manufactured to tighter tolerances than the old A2, thereby, making them "safer" to mount A2 compatible suppressors to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    6315 is billet machined from bar stock using A2 specs, A2 specs and tolerances were adhered to save for the areas where we made changes, including 0.04 extra length, larger cone cavity, ports shapes, and the wire cutter alignment notches.

My BFA rattles around an A2, but is quite snug on the 6315 final prototype.

Interesting note is the specs we have don't correspond to the Colt A2 we have on hand, the current production ports are much larger than specified on paper, prompting us to do a minor redesign of the ports

Instead of just making the ports larger, we made the cone cavity larger which opened up the ports, and affords the 6315 more internal volume at the same time.

Also I might as well spill the beans here. 1815 is the next project, based on the 6315 body and specs, but is a 3 prong, open ended flash suppressor/compensator. Like the number 63 in the 6315's name sake, 18 has a meaning. Also like the 6315, 1815 is a flash suppressor first, and compensator second, but it will be a better compensator than the 6315, and probably a better flash suppressor as well.

So why make both I actually just asked myself and don't have a sound reason, other than because we can. Realistically though, 6315 is more conservative than 1815 and somewhat "stealthy" in that you'd have to pay attention to see it's different, which is usually how we like to do things, discreetly and quietly, without calling attention to ourselves, we're not in the fashion business. 1815 is still discreet, it's not obscenely long, it doesn't have unnecessary machining that doesn't contribute to functionality, so we're still in the boundaries of our way and means.
    Last edited by Duffy; 15 February 2017 at 16:44.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to the open prong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for spilling the beans, Roger. :) So, with the 1815 being off the same body and specs as the 6315, does this mean it'll be
    A) the same length as the 6315 and B) be theoretically compatible with A2 mounting suppressors?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gator, it should be. They use the same body, which the can be made into either 6315 or 1815. Both are 0.04" longer than the A2, it should not be an issue with A2 compatible sound suppressors
    Last edited by Duffy; 16 February 2017 at 14:05.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well crap... with the same dimensions... guess I'll need an 1810.

Gonna be weird waiting on a muzzle device/s to finish out a project. And worth it no doubt.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    6315 will be in production shortly, whereas the 1815 may have to wait till the EMR-A (ambi mag release) is complete

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome. Thanks for confirming. Keep up the great work!