Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls 6315

We're showing the 6315 to the public for the first time, and we're doing it on WEVO, future new products will be announced and unveiled here first as well.

A little background on this project. I have a collection of expensive flash suppressors, comps and brakes I have bought and used over the years. All of them have been replaced by the A2s that were originally on the rifles. The venerable A2 works well and is inexpensive, maybe it can be made better

As early as 2002, way before Battle Arms and Forward Controls, I had wished someone would make what we're calling 6315. It has A2 TDP dimensions (save for length, more on that later) so it's compatible with A2 mounted sound suppressors and BFA, think of it as how Forward Controls would do an A2.

The 63 in its namesake pays homage to the Stoner 63. The slots are based on the Stoner 63 flash suppressor. 15 simply means AR15. 6315's slots are oval and tapered, like the Stoner 63, the shape can also be found on HK, SIG and a few European designs.

We made the inside cone shaped opening slightly larger by reducing the wall thickness. the 10:30, 12, and 1:30 o'clock slots are longer than the 3 and 9 o'clock. We incorporated a wire cutting feature to the 6315. It may be of limited usefulness for many of us, but why not have it if it adds no cost to the unit? The overall length is slightly increased to leave sufficient material between the notches and 3 and 9 o'clock slots. It will NOT be long enough to make a 14.5" barrel 16", the increase is 0.04".

There are couple of hidden features from the asymmetrical slots arrangement that we still have to test, so I don't want to talk about them yet.

I can already hear "a solution in search of a problem" about the wire cutter feature. It's there, it doesn't cost anything to add, you don't have to use it

It isn't drastically different from an A2, it's how we would design a no-nonsense, un-flashy (no pun intended) all around useful flash suppressor/comp that doesn't break the bank.

Now that I've made you read all that, here's the pic
    Last edited by Duffy; 12 January 2017 at 20:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks pretty sharp I must say. Do I detect a notch with a sharpened front end? A "cookie cutter" front end would be nice looking with a QPQ finish. That being said looks cool so far

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very attractive. Too early I'm sure, but here's hoping for a .300BLK/.308 version.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appreciate the early releases, its nice to see items going through the final processing. Sometimes subtle changes to existing products make them all the more user friendly.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The production version will be black nitrided. The notches weren't meant to be used as a striking tool, but they can be pressed into that role, I just heard similar thoughts from a friend about the notches potential, albeit unintended uses lol

308 version isn't far behind, I'd like to keep most dimension the same, save for the hole's diameter and thread pitch. 308 flash suppressors all seem to be longer, I'm not convinced they need to be.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What the price point looking like?

Downloads
    Uploads
    MSRP isn't finalized yet, it will be below many, if not most of the third party flash suppressors in the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These seem like a nice match with a b&t rotex suppressor. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    A2 is still one of the most efffective flash hiders I've used.

These look very interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm down for one on my A4/A5. Great job!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nicely done, Roger! I would expect nothing less from you! I've got A2 flash hiders on a lot of uppers, so i'm definitely excited to give one of your 6315s a spin.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the 1.8" length (0.04" longer than the A2) is going to be an issue, it wouldn't make sense to put the first baffle in front of the A2 to the point of touching it, it should have more than 0.04" clearance

The 6315 will be slightly lighter than the A2 due to its thinner wall and larger slots, though light weight wasn't an objective, just a result. I'm dying to test it to ascertain the three improvements we think the design will bring, good looks is decidedly not one of them, though I think we got that one dialed in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I'm dying to test it to ascertain the three improvements we think the design will bring, good looks is decidedly not one of them, though I think we got that one dialed in.
    I hope that goes well for you, as I'm eager to hear what these improvements are!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm getting our camera equipment in order, finally will get a chance to use my Hog Saddle and old tripod I recently camo painted

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our partners in TX will commence testing with short barreled rifles and machine guns, while we do the other tests here. If only I could find someone to be the muzzle strike tester