Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the 6315s with CW logo is a sure thing. When we first receive the 6315s, none of them will have any engraving, we need to send them to Weapon Genetics to engrave, we'll have the rest with our own logo as well. But it'll delay the launch of 6315 by a few days to weeks, depending on how busy Cody is.

So the plan is to have plain 6315s available while the rest gets laser engraved, unless folks (non-CW) really want them with our logos and not plain, in which case, we'll delay the 6315 launch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't cola war, wish I did, looks fun.

If I had a choice between a plain one and a FCD logo, id take the logo.
    I like your logo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll have laser engraved 6315s! It will set the launch date back a bit, but we're not in a hurry. Consider how long the EMR-A has been in development, 6315 went from an idea to prototype, then production in months, a few weeks is nothing
    Last edited by Duffy; 1 April 2017 at 08:32.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In general, my preference as of late is no logos, if it's an option. Most companies go overboard plastering their products with giant, garish logos (BCGs are among the worst offenders). And after paying hard earned cash for said product, i wind up pimping their brand for them without getting a cut of the action.

However, since your logo is actually pretty cool looking and is thoughtful in design, i wouldn't mind it on my 6315s. But, i'm holding you to your word that it'll be "tastefully small".
    Last edited by Deadwing; 1 April 2017 at 09:57.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    The laser engraved logo is 0.4" in diameter, and it's subdued, and on the bottom of the 6315, I'm fairly certain we will not be able to get any free advertising from it, in any case it's not the reason Given the complete absence of logo on any of our products, you can tell I"m with you re: overuse of logos on products. I routinely make fun of companies that must have their logos everywhere, it tells me they're selling the brand when they should pay more attention to the item the logo is on.

Since we're doing a batch with the CW logo, and there is a huge canvas on the bottom of the 6315, a discreet logo can be placed there without calling attention to itself, you know that's not our way
    Last edited by Duffy; 1 April 2017 at 10:32.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The laser engraved logo is 0.4" in diameter, and it's subdued, and on the bottom of the 6315, I'm fairly certain we will not be able to get any free advertising from it, in any case it's not the reason Given the complete absence of logo on any of our products, you can tell I"m with you re: overuse of logos on products. I routinely make fun of companies that must have their logos everywhere, it tells me they're selling the brand when they should pay more attention to the item the logo is on.

Since we're doing a batch with the CW logo, and there is a huge canvas on the bottom of the 6315, a discreet logo can be placed there without calling attention to itself, you know that's not our way
    I dig your philosophy, Roger. Even if it's sole purpose was free advertising (which i never figured it was), i still wouldn't mind the logo.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    We won't make a habit of it. Most of our products are so small, there's no place for a logo anyway. The next project to be produced only has a 0.148 diameter, definitely no room for a logo there

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I don't cola war, wish I did, looks fun.

If I had a choice between a plain one and a FCD logo, id take the logo.
    I like your logo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You should Colawarrior, it is horrible. You want to die, you regret ever decision that led to you signing up, and then it's done, you go home, and then you can't wait to go again.

Roger was there, he can tell you that ColaBros are the best bros. Stand up amazing people. I think it is because the competition is so humbling. The obstacles and the run arent hard, but they kick your adrenaline into gear and Jack your breathing and heart rate, and suddenly that easy shooting course becomes almost impossible. And then you chug, which always sounds easier than it is. It's horrible, it's painful, but you force yourself though it, and then you get to start talking smack to everyone else. The key is to not give up. CW will teach you where you are weak and where you are strong, and no matter how good or badly you do, you will be driven to get better for next time.

That being said, this is Rogers thread, and since he is a CW Sponsor I don't want to get too off topic. (He gave me patches and a magnet, he can do no wrong now), if you want to talk about CW, hit me with a message or if enough people want to know more, I can start a thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Logos are important on products. So far all of FC's stuff has been very identifiable and didn't really NEED a logo. But the 6315 is different, simply because it is a high tech part that is going to look very simple to a very basic part, it needs to be easily identifiable in its own right.

I used to develop parts for the Automotive racing community, and if you didn't have a good way to brand your stuff, counterfeits would pop up quick, which didn't hurt sales too badly at first, but it would kill your reputation in the long run. Second hand buyers can't tell the real McCoy from the fake, and it would dilute the brand.

I actually used to include unused mounting points or features, just to mess with the guys trying to reverse engineering my stuff.

ITAR really cuts down on slot of the counterfeits in the guns scene, but you can find all sorts of stuff on Alibaba or AliExpress if you know where to look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Common hardship has a way of building strong bonds, CW is a fun way to get to know a group of fun loving guys, guns aren't a big part of it.

Re: branding, I don't like being used by manufacturers to advertise for them unless I want to, I'm also aware some folks also don't like it. I do believe that if the brand logo is used subtly and in good taste, it identifies the product without calling attention to itself, which is the only useful feature to me.

Of course it goes way beyond that, a logo can have other uses (that are not our intended uses), it can serve as a badge of honor for those that own the product, bragging right, so to speak, but this is not our reason, we're not big or well known enough for that. When we are, we won't do badge engineering.

The logo is an identifier as Dan pointed out.
    Last edited by Duffy; 1 April 2017 at 18:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pffft. FC parts are some of the nicest parts I own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look forward to seeing the Cygnus on the 6315.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    ...we're not big or well known enough for that.
    You may not be big (yet), but you're certainly well known to anyone who's paying attention. The thoughtfulness of design and quality in production that your products bring to the table are second to none. Not to mention your customer service. Those are just a few of the reasons my FCD swag is displayed instead of sitting in a box collecting dust with the vast majority of the swag i get. I'm selective about the companies and products i'll promote by displaying stickers/magnets/etc. or wearing hats/t-shirts. You've earned it, Roger. And i'm happy to let others know that i'm pleased with your products and hopefully send some new business your way.

On the topic of the 6315 (and this may have already been addressed and i missed it), will you be offering an extended version that when pinned and welded will bring 14.5" barrels to a tax stamp free 16"?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your kind words You guys have ever been the support and encouragement a fledgling company needs in uncertain times, it's more than we deserve. We are keenly aware of the kindness shown us, and have always tried to show our gratitude with more than words in return, you guys rock.

The extended version of 6315 will depend on how well the A2 length version does. Being it's a rather conservative and stealthy design (in that it is based on A2 dimensions, and doesn't make fashion statements by being unnecessarily different), it may take some time to gather enough momentum to compel an extended 6315, but we have thought about it. I'd like to bring out the 1815 first, it uses 6315's body but is not a bird cage, should be easier to do than a 1.5" 6315.

And then there's the SSR project that's also being reworked a bit (based on I am Dan's input), and you guys are the reason it was dusted off from a finished design 2 years go and going into production soon

Downloads
    Uploads
    The meticulous gentleman in TX practicing the two logos we'll have on the 6315. The Cygnus (without the circle) was chosen, the CW logo will not be an outline, but filled in, and of the same size as our logo (0.4 inch).

Don't pay attention to the bolt carrier on which he's practicing, it's not the 6315. 6315s are being black nitride coated, and will have a much smoother finish.