Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    We didn't test them last weekend, CA had some uncharacteristic rain storms that made national news Both 6310 and 6315 have been redesigned a bit with larger ports and internal cone cavity, which renders the current batch invalid candidates for testing
    Tis a pity to have them go to waste...
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    They won't go to waste. I suspect they'll be fine (as in equal to A2), but we have higher expectations
    We'll give them away as prizes and such, with the knowledge that they are the pre-production prototypes, though perfectly usable.

Of the three things we want to test, two of them have to wait till the new prototypes arrive, as the results obtained from the early prototypes can't be used to validate things.

The outside ports will look more like the design (the first prototypes have oval, tapered ports), they should be more angular:

But that's just aesthetics, I don't mind if they look like the way the early prototypes do now.
    Last edited by Duffy; 25 January 2017 at 08:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Reminds me of a guy i used to work with lol.

Me: "Hey, Gary, Delta is whining about light chop at FL360. He's your control if he wants to move"

Gary: "Roger, roger."
    Are you an ATC?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    They won't go to waste. I suspect they'll be fine (as in equal to A2), but we have higher expectations
    We'll give them away as prizes and such, with the knowledge that they are the pre-production prototypes, though perfectly usable.

Of the three things we want to test, two of them have to wait till the new prototypes arrive, as the results obtained from the early prototypes can't be used to validate things.

The outside ports will look more like the design (the first prototypes have oval, tapered ports), they should be more angular:

But that's just aesthetics, I don't mind if they look like the way the early prototypes do now.
    These new ports look sweet. Don't think I've seen anything else quite like them.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ports are based on the Stoner 63 LMG, but they look a bit like the HK flash suppressor

Downloads
    Uploads

You're such a tease, Roger. That looks great. My rifles NEED that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Are you an ATC?
    Yessiree. ZSE (Seattle ARTCC).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yessiree. ZSE (Seattle ARTCC).
    Ha! I wonder if we've ever talked. We don't get up that way often, but if you hear (or have heard) callsign Twister, that might just be me.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Ha! I wonder if we've ever talked. We don't get up that way often, but if you hear (or have heard) callsign Twister, that might just be me.
    Is Twister TTX? Sounds familiar. If you've ever flown in to the Seattle terminal area, there's a good chance we've talked to one another. I'll keep my eyes open and give a shout out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a question for you guys, your opinion is requested

In the beginning we were planning on 6315A1 and 6315A2, the A2 is what we made first, with the close bottom. The A1 version is pretty easy to develop, it may offer better flash suppression but it won't work as a comp and it would have more dust signature when shooting from prone.

I kind of gave up on the A1 version and went straight to the .30 cal version (6310). These days, it seems unless you're building a retro AR, there's scant reason for an A1 bird cage.

Your thoughts please

Downloads
    Uploads
    A2 version would be what I'd buy, couldn't see myself buying the A1.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    A2
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be going the A2 route myself.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Twister TTX? Sounds familiar. If you've ever flown in to the Seattle terminal area, there's a good chance we've talked to one another. I'll keep my eyes open and give a shout out.
    Yup! That's our company callsign. May or may not be me flying through depending on rotation, but here's hoping for another trip that way soon!

Here's a question for you guys, your opinion is requested

In the beginning we were planning on 6315A1 and 6315A2, the A2 is what we made first, with the close bottom. The A1 version is pretty easy to develop, it may offer better flash suppression but it won't work as a comp and it would have more dust signature when shooting from prone.

I kind of gave up on the A1 version and went straight to the .30 cal version (6310). These days, it seems unless you're building a retro AR, there's scant reason for an A1 bird cage.

Your thoughts please
    Definitely the A2.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the A1 because I don't have to time it. :)

Most of the suppressor mount flash hiders kick up dust regardless of how you orient them, so I guess I don't really care about the lack of ports on the underside of the A2.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com