Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

VIPERŽ PST GEN II 1-6X24 RIFLESCOPE

Name:  IMG_1559.JPG
Views: 661
Size:  55.6 KB

This updated favorite hands an unfair advantage to shooters who seek to keep the upper hand in every situation from close quarters to long-range shots. The illumination dial is cleanly integrated into the side focus adjustment knob for easy access and streamlined performance. The reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting.
    Dual use for Shooting Tactical / Hunting • US Patent 7,937,879

VIP Warranty XD Lens Elements XR Coatings ArmorTek Argon Purged Waterproof
    Magnification 1-6 x
    Objective Lens Diameter 24 mm
    Eye Relief 3.8 in
    Field of View 112.5-18.8 feet/100 yards
    Tube Size 30 mm
    Turret Style Capped
    Adjustment Graduation .2 MRAD
    Travel per Rotation 20 MRAD
    Max Elevation Adjustment 46 MRAD
    Max Windage Adjustment 46 MRAD
    Parallax Setting 100 yards
    Length 10.9 inches
    Weight 22.7 ounces

MSRP $999.99

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...2-mrad-reticle
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just based on appearances, it looks like they just reworked the Strike Eagle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks almost like a repackaged Razor at a lower price, and that's a good thing. Optics Planet is pre-selling these for $699.99, and there are 10% off codes that may work.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    They may have. The specs are closer to the Razor, maybe it's a Strike Eagle in a Razors body. It'll be able to us either restroom at Target.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love Vortex and this looks OK but I think they are making a mistake by killing the PST 1-4x24. For a few hundred bucks less, the gen 1 PST 1-4x24 has a reticle that I prefer and weighs half a pound less. I still haven't found anything I need to do at 6x that I can't also do at 4x. It seems like there is plenty of room for both in the lineup. The website does not indicate the reticle is glass etched (like the gen 1) and there is nothing in the marketing material that indicates any improvement in glass quality / optical clarity. Honestly I'm a little disappointed and am starting to feel like I should try to snap up one or two of the Gen 1 PSTs before they're gone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and performs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I love Vortex and this looks OK but I think they are making a mistake by killing the PST 1-4x24. For a few hundred bucks less, the gen 1 PST 1-4x24 has a reticle that I prefer and weighs half a pound less. I still haven't found anything I need to do at 6x that I can't also do at 4x. It seems like there is plenty of room for both in the lineup. The website does not indicate the reticle is glass etched (like the gen 1) and there is nothing in the marketing material that indicates any improvement in glass quality / optical clarity. Honestly I'm a little disappointed and am starting to feel like I should try to snap up one or two of the Gen 1 PSTs before they're gone.
    You'll be able to pick up 1-4x24's all day on the secondary market for cheap is my guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know people are gonna flame me for saying this, but I prefer a Burris MTAC 1-4 over the Viper.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I know people are gonna flame me for saying this, but I prefer a Burris MTAC 1-4 over the Viper.
    The MTAC is a great scope for the Money. I love mine and shot it exclusively for over a year on a carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll be able to pick up 1-4x24's all day on the secondary market for cheap is my guess.
    Of course you're probably right. I'm a bit more concerned about finding a 6-24x50 FFP

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to see these newer 1-6x optics get developed.

1-4x optics are going to be as cheap as 1-6x optics in the next two to three years and there just won't be a reason to own one over the other. The strike eagle isn't that great. I found the eye box to be restrictive and the field of view to be condensed.

I'll look forward to this development.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No.. More Like looks Identical to a Razor.. Just bought one.. Loving it..
    Closer to a Razor then a Strike Eagle.. Razor Superior Gas becomes evident past 150 yds
    compared to Gen 2 but costs twice as much.. Ill settle for the Gen 2 for now..
    Last edited by ZhouJett; 10 September 2018 at 18:57.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhouJett View Post
    No.. More Like Identical to a Razor.. Just bought one.. Loving it..
    The PST is not identical to the Razor....nor will it handle much abuse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...is it or is it not? I assume its not, but I assume its just a little bit better than the strike eagles (which are pretty damn good)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing compelling me to move up from my trijicon 1-4x.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!