Downloads
    Uploads

Hornady Black SBR Ammo

Hornady has some new ammo out for 2017 called the 'black' line. Particularly I am talking about the supposedly new SBR ammo.

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? (What about the old stuff too?) Per the video below it's got a proprietary propellant and sort of crosses over pistol and rifle technology.

On the spec's page they are claiming 2321 fps out of an 11.5" barrel. It seems a slight bit faster compared to their previous 'TAP SBR' ammo. (50-60 FPS difference). It basically seems like a 2nd generation of TAP SBR ammo with a new propellant and a new bullet.

It claims a 15% temperature reduction for suppressors as well as a 6 to 7 DB reduction in sound signature.

75 gr. TAP® SBR - Item No. 81295
    (link below to the old stuff)

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ri.../75-gr-tap-sbr

The new stuff is item No. 81296
    (link below)

http://www.hornady.com/store/5.56-NA...-HD-SBR-Black/

Video below.

And the good thing is they say it's available for retail sale for the new stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will this be impossible to find like the Tap sbr ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Name:  magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes-e1435185349223.png
Views: 1017
Size:  296.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 300BLK is available on Midway. Pricing isn't too bad compared to other 300BLK rounds. The 5.56 ammo has been listed on their site as "Coming Soon" for at least 3 months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.eagleeyeguns.com/product_p/81295.htm
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DHORN
    https://ssdinternationalinc.com/indi...-75gr-tap-sbr/
    I can think of a few more places if you need more.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the search I just hate hazmat fee's I'll see if my pusher man will bring some in hazmat free

Downloads
    Uploads
    That TAP ammo was marked "For Law Enforcement Only" if I remember correctly. For the new stuff they apparently added it to their retail line.

I have no idea how available it is, but I do know I went to Academy Sporting goods here in TX and I got offered some various forms of this Black ammo by 3 different sales associates.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the search I just hate hazmat fee's I'll see if my pusher man will bring some in hazmat free
    There is no HAZMAT fee for shipping ammunition. It's just normal ground shipping.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...mmunition.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems pretty slow for the 5.56 out of a 11.5". Or is the bullet design also causing that? I guess I just haven't seen the supposed accuracy issues with 77gr SMKs out of a SBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    That seems pretty slow for the 5.56 out of a 11.5". Or is the bullet design also causing that? I guess I just haven't seen the supposed accuracy issues with 77gr SMKs out of a SBR.
    Mk262 is about 2500fps or so from an 11.5" IIRC, agreed on the Velocity. Probably the reason for the cooler temps and dB reduction; ammo isn't loaded as hot.

Wonder what type of powder it is

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone tried the 75gr Black ammo yet?

I picked some up at Cabelas for about $15/bx. At that price I picked up 3 bx. Hopefully it'll get here fast enough for me to use it on Piglet.

If so Ill let you know how it does.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you talking about the black line or the new expanding rounds? They have a 55 grain and a 73 grain in 5.56 that expands down to 900 fps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The black line SBR 75gr interloc

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9