Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Magnum style cartridges erode the throat much faster than styles such as the .223 and .308.

This translates into barrels that degrade much quicker.

With physics you just can't have it all.
    “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it … he who doesn’t … pays it.” - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    From the Nosler company newsletter- "Lets convince people that passing the point of diminishing returns will yield more returns sometime in the unforeseeable future, that way we can make more money and juice up our profit margins"

Somebody please tell me what this does for me that my already paid for 556 rifle cant do?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    From the Nosler company newsletter- "Lets convince people that passing the point of diminishing returns will yield more returns sometime in the unforeseeable future, that way we can make more money and juice up our profit margins"

Somebody please tell me what this does for me that my already paid for 556 rifle cant do?
    If I wanted a souped up .22 caliber rifle, I'd buy a .22-250.

I can push a 53gr VMax at almost 3500fps through my 18" .223 Wylde......I personally have no need for the .22 Nosler.

If I had the time and the inclination to try out something new JUST to try out something new, or if I had hit a wall with the .223/5.56 needing to sap just a tad bit more out of the caliber......but I'm in neither position.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "If I wanted a souped up .22 caliber rifle, I'd buy a .22-250" Exactly!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.