Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not everyone has the knowledge to install a lite. If that's the case, the OMEGA will serve you well. I've only had one OMEGA returned due to "loose" fit. Come to find out, it was because his factory Bushmaster had a barrel nut that was loose from the factory. So, we never had an OMEGA fail to date that I'm aware of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For overall most bombproof rail, the Lite rail is going to win it (actually the DD RIS II series would win but the Lite rail is based off it).

The Omega is the easiest FF rail to drop on, and I work with plenty of LEO who are using them on their duty weapons without any of them ever having a problem. These are guys who are deploying the weapon on a regular basis.

For myself, I chose the Lite rail for my duty pig, and although I did that before the Omega rail came out, I would still make the same decision.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Policetacteam View Post
    jeffy,

You are killin me man! The explanation along with the pictures explains quite a bit. Now I'm back on the fence. Lite or Omega. Removing the gas block would not be difficult I'm just curious how much of a difference I would notice, if any, between the two. There is obviously the price which is of some concern but not a huge factor. If anyone has used the Omega can you advise if the set-up is rock solid or is there any play or wobble. Just curious.
    Like the others have said it all depends on what you want to do. You have to ask your self a few questions; 'Do I want to take apart the barrel?' , 'How permanent do I want it?'.

Since you have a lo-pro gas block and your FH isn't pinned then that really gives you a lot of options. I had John install my Omega. The main reason for getting it is that my FH was pinned so it limited my choices. I can say my Omega has no movement.

Here's another comparison of the 4 different DD rails.

Downloads
    Uploads
    jeffy,

The diagrams make it even easier to compare. I decided to go with the Lite 9.0 based on what everyone has said and also because I got a smoking good price that I couldn't pass on. Rock River Arms will also do the install of the rail so I won't have to worry about doing any gunsmithing that I may not be ready for. Everyone was a huge a help! This site is an excellent resource and everyone offers a lot of know how and experience. Thanks, Paul
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good call, its an outstanding rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my two cents here. I own the 7.0 Omega Rail, and so far, I love it. I have put maybe 150 rounds through my AR since installing it, and I know that isn't enough to form a true opinion yet, but so far, it has not shifted zero. I am confident in it enough that it will be the mount for my optic, when I get one. One of the main reasons I got it was because I made a "no gunsmith" rule on all of my upgrades, and I have zero experience with working on guns. It still went on super easy (hardest part was getting the original guard off, especially without those special tools) and I don't think it is going anywhere. Whether or not it will truly hold zero for an optic after a few thousand rounds, we'll see.
    Last edited by Creeky73; 23 May 2009 at 15:04.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hope this is the right thread to ask, if not, pls delete.

does anyone have a pic of a midlength rifle with a 12inch omegarail mounted? (with a lowpro gasblock)
    thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the LEO here carries his duty carbine setup that way. I think his thread is in the AR section. IIRC, he likes his setup quite a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't be a doofus get the LITE rail.

I rail so nice I bought it thrice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    does anyone have a pic of a midlength rifle with a 12inch omegarail mounted? (with a lowpro gasblock)
    thanks!
    Third rifle below is a 16" midlength gas system and 12" Lite rail

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    One of the LEO here carries his duty carbine setup that way. I think his thread is in the AR section. IIRC, he likes his setup quite a bit.
    Yup that's mine, I love it. Instead of a low-pro block, I simply shaved my FSB, leaving the pinned gas block for superb durability. I have shot a few hundred through this and have had no shift. I had a 7.0 and shot several thousand rounds and never had an issue with my optic losing zero.

Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome, thanks guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an Omega and an M4. They are both great products and you can't go wrong with DD.

That being said, I prefer the Omega. It is slightly thinner and installation took less than ten minutes with no special tools.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Omega 7 Piston on my carbine and it will not be the last one I buy from them--I have 2 more that need an upgrade to a DD rail, both are DPMS tubes on LR-308 platforms.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the lite rail. it took me some time to install it. (im not mechanically inclined) it is a really great platform. and im very confident in it. this is the 1st time I have a free float ar. so I love the accuracy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent info on the differences..
    Personally i would go for the Lite rail.