Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have the patience to go over to M4c...other than finish issues, was there any other issues of concern? I guess the inset take down holes? Those don't really bother me as long as the thing is in spec, but wasn't sure if there was some other issue their initial batch had.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I don't have the patience to go over to M4c...other than finish issues, was there any other issues of concern? I guess the inset take down holes? Those don't really bother me as long as the thing is in spec, but wasn't sure if there was some other issue their initial batch had.
    No, just finish issues. I've seen a few completed builds on FB already. No reports of spec issues at all. Only cosmetic. And that started to rear its head in the KAC industry forum on arfcom first. Funny thing is, mine is not in the "8" serial number range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been reading through the posts with the finish issues and I am still confused as to what the problem is. I have 3 of the "8" lowers. The anodizing isn't the best and one of them has a small ding on the bottom of the magwell but beyond that I am not seeing anything else. Anything I should be looking for?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No other issue has been reported. The inset holes are intentional but for an older design. The new lowers won't have them. So they are unique in that. They've now reported this was old inventory and that current QC protocols are in place going forward.

I suspect the original QC standard for these was high on spec and low on finish. Enough to build rifles for the field.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stone, mine is an "8". It has small nicks to bare metal, irregular machining on front of magwell and some pits along the mag button fence. I have PSA blem lowers that look better than this. But, hey, it's battleworn out of the box.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks brother, I'm gonna pull mine out again and take another look at them. I'm the same way, a few minor dings are nothing compared to what I am going to do to it once its built. Did you get yours from SAS?

ETA: I just looked them over and found more gouge marks from what looks like the machining process. Looks like the bit got dragged across the magwell flare. Two out of three have these gouges. I sent them an email to see what they say. It would be nice if they could re-produce them with the same serial numbers since I already paid for the transfer and they are sequential.
    Last edited by Stone; 16 February 2017 at 19:54.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sequential numbers would be awesome. They should direct ship to you replacements without transfer since that falls under warranty.

I got mine from BoltCarrier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks gents. I'll pull mine out again and have a look, but on the first pass, it was finish issues, which realistically isn't an issue. Sure, it would be nice if it started perfect for me to then "age" with use, but meh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone ever order from NSDefense below? I just placed an order and noticed it's for "pre order." Shot them an email seeing when they thought they would have them in stock. Should have jumped on the initial batch from boltcarrier.

This will be my first dip into KAC products, i feel like this is the next stage of black rifle disease.

https://www.nsdefense.us/products/ka...ceiver-nonambi

Edit: just heard back from NS, Kac has told them 2 weeks and they will have their shipment, not bad.
    Last edited by JSchell1309; 21 February 2017 at 06:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been following the multiple threads on this issue. While not a huge deal, the blemishes were unexpected coming from KAC. The service dept is taking care of me, as I sent the lower back today.

If I knew I was going to build out the lower and not sell it down the road, it would have been easy to get over the blemishes. However, I already have more lowers than uppers, so I too advantage of their service dept.

This situation in no way effects my perceptions of KAC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what's the verdict?

Should I buy one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to ask?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its been two weeks since I emailed them and still haven't heard back. Just sent another email today. Their system sends out a instant response stating that they are getting my request. Seems their CS is lacking...

Downloads
    Uploads
    They've been very prompt with me. Even followed up again today to make sure everything was okay. Did you use the email address or the contact form?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the contact form on their website. I didn't see an email address. Did you email them? Do you have the email address?