Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    im convinced umbrella doesnt want to make money. either that or its like a 5th job for someone that doesnt have the time or desire to get product made. it's not like they manufacturer it themselves or anything.
    Yeah, UCWRG just puzzles me, but I am not a business man. If you have a sought after product, I would have just licensed it to a quality manufacturer and have them sell and distribute them. When I check their social media, I always see a lot of angry people asking for ETA's that come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed to see the markup on these from the $150 advertised price. But I guess that's to be expected.
    It was to be expected like you said. A sought after item will always be marked up when it first hits the market because of demand. I'm just happy they released them so quickly vs. 6 months later, they give you another 3 month ETA

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yeah, UCWRG just puzzles me, but I am not a business man. If you have a sought after product, I would have just licensed it to a quality manufacturer and have them sell and distribute them. When I check their social media, I always see a lot of angry people asking for ETA's that come and go.

It was to be expected like you said. A sought after item will always be marked up when it first hits the market because of demand. I'm just happy they released them so quickly vs. 6 months later, they give you another 3 month ETA
    The X factor is their definition of "limited". If it's 250, then the premium is somewhat justified. If it's 750 - 1000, maybe it isn't. Whatever it is, I'm going to wait a little longer. I've been a KAC fan for a long time, but there are too many good options available these days for me to justify paying too much more than the suggested retail. But that's just me and others will happily pay more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The X factor is their definition of "limited". If it's 250, then the premium is somewhat justified. If it's 750 - 1000, maybe it isn't. Whatever it is, I'm going to wait a little longer. I've been a KAC fan for a long time, but there are too many good options available these days for me to justify paying too much more than the suggested retail. But that's just me and others will happily pay more.
    Pretty much how I feel about this. At first I really wanted a couple, but I already have 3 SR-15's, so I'll either miss out or wait till they are $150. Like you said too many other great options on the market right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty much how I feel about this. At first I really wanted a couple, but I already have 3 SR-15's, so I'll either miss out or wait till they are $150. Like you said too many other great options on the market right now.
    Yeah, at $150, I was in for two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speculation was that the $150 number announced at SHOT was dealer pricing, not retail. Not sure how to confirm that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Speculation was that the $150 number announced at SHOT was dealer pricing, not retail. Not sure how to confirm that.
    Never intended to pay retail

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of us also have been promised 10% off the retail price, as well. I'm still waiting to see if that happens, but knocking $20 off the price helps ease the pain...especially for something I really didn't "need."

Downloads
    Uploads
    omfg, i need to get out of cali. my life would be complete with a bastardized self-built KAC rifle.
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads

Knights Armament Stripped Lowers

From F2S on M4C:

---

The $150 was a special SHOT deal that has now ended. That was the lowest price that they will ever be seen. These have been returned to Dealer only availability, and their pricing is confidential.

These are indeed a limited run, with no expectation of permanency in the line. I don't think that it would ever become a staple, but "never say never" and all that. The intent of these was to get a bunch of SR-15s into the hands of KAC appreciators that might not have the immediate funds available for full guns, or even our upper or lower packages; or to that KAC fan that just needs another great roll-mark.

It was noticed that the old pivot pin and takedown pin counterbore are present. This feature is only present on the first run, and has been removed for following runs.

At some point, we may release the total numbers made, but it won't be a whole lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From F2S on M4C:

---

The $150 was a special SHOT deal that has now ended. That was the lowest price that they will ever be seen. These have been returned to Dealer only availability, and their pricing is confidential.

These are indeed a limited run, with no expectation of permanency in the line. I don't think that it would ever become a staple, but "never say never" and all that. The intent of these was to get a bunch of SR-15s into the hands of KAC appreciators that might not have the immediate funds available for full guns, or even our upper or lower packages; or to that KAC fan that just needs another great roll-mark.

It was noticed that the old pivot pin and takedown pin counterbore are present. This feature is only present on the first run, and has been removed for following runs.

At some point, we may release the total numbers made, but it won't be a whole lot.
    I'm still not clear as to whether the "$150" was supposed to be msrp or dealer cost?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just hope somebody at KAC gets drunk and decides to do a run of stripped uppers... And that I have the cash to snag one if it would happen, of course. Pure fantasy I know, but a guy can dream!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I just hope somebody at KAC gets drunk and decides to do a run of stripped uppers... And that I have the cash to snag one if it would happen, of course. Pure fantasy I know, but a guy can dream!
    Meh, then I will be forced to find an E3 Bolt, Carrier, and barrel extension. I might as well get an factory upper at that point.

Downloads
    Uploads

Knights Armament Stripped Lowers

Sure, that would be awesome. Us po folk gotta do the piece at-a-time thing. Plus, it's just more runner rolling your own. Factory built is nice and all, but I'll take my Saturday rifles over pretty much any factory-built Friday (or God forbid, Monday) rifles.

That said, I'm sure it'll never happen, but a man can dream, plus it would easily fill the void the SASS contract is going to leave...

I mean I just paid a relative crapload for a forged lower, nothing special. Their niche isn't going to bring the PSA is as good as the *fill the top tier maker of choice*-crowd running.
    Last edited by Joelski; 25 January 2017 at 17:42.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    From F2S on M4C:
    So yet another employee of KAC is saying that these are crazy rare and should be bought immediately, since the numbers are limited...until they aren't. Shocking that the company wants the buyers to buy them now rather than wait.

I generally like KAC, and I have several KAC rifles and have even ordered this lower, so this isn't sour grapes, but seriously, it's not a huge surprise that KAC capitalizes on it's limited civilian production runs, even if it hides behind "production is limited because we have .gov contracts."

/vent

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still not clear as to whether the "$150" was supposed to be msrp or dealer cost?
    Sounds more like "if you attended shot and preordered at the time".

Meh, then I will be forced to find an E3 Bolt, Carrier, and barrel extension. I might as well get an factory upper at that point.
    This is my thinking. Build the lower the way I want. But the KAC upper is where the best pieces are. I'll have a complete upper one of these days.