Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    So yet another employee of KAC is saying that these are crazy rare and should be bought immediately, since the numbers are limited...until they aren't. Shocking that the company wants the buyers to buy them now rather than wait.

I generally like KAC, and I have several KAC rifles and have even ordered this lower, so this isn't sour grapes, but seriously, it's not a huge surprise that KAC capitalizes on it's limited civilian production runs, even if it hides behind "production is limited because we have .gov contracts."

/vent
    That quote from Jack almost sounded like the lowers with the countersunk takedown holes were the "shot show special price" and regular lowers would be available next at a higher price. In other words, selling off the "seconds" at a discount in order to clear out otherwise useless inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    This is my thinking. Build the lower the way I want. But the KAC upper is where the best pieces are. I'll have a complete upper one of these days.
    At the cost of their separate lowers and uppers, you're better off buying a complete gun and selling whichever half you don't want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The countersunk version is a version they've previously made, per the context of the thread. Questions are pending whether it affects anything having it this way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deals can be had on Knights uppers just like anything else. Trust me on that one.

I've been casually looking for a while and for under $300 a piece for new I was in. Planned on that and getting two but when they were under $200 I figured it was still within budget.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SINNER, if you come across a deal on uppers, please post up.

I got the FFL request today from boltcarrier. Should be shipping by Friday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    SINNER, if you come across a deal on uppers, please post up.

I got the FFL request today from boltcarrier. Should be shipping by Friday.
    I bought 2 of my SR-15s used. 0 rounds fired through both, and bought them for $1500 and $1600 respectively for the entire gun. I know KAC sells uppers brand new for that. During the post Sandy Hook market crash, I saw someone selling a used SR15 for $1200.... still kicking myself for not picking that up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I bought 2 of my SR-15s used. 0 rounds fired through both, and bought them for $1500 and $1600 respectively for the entire gun. I know KAC sells uppers brand new for that. During the post Sandy Hook market crash, I saw someone selling a used SR15 for $1200.... still kicking myself for not picking that up.

I'm hoping the pending glut will present similar deals. For now, I'll slowly build up this lower. Maybe if 41F gets fixed, I'll form 1 it and find an 11.5".

Downloads
    Uploads
    One more update from KAC. You can catch the updates in M4C if interested.

The countersunk pivot pin holes on the left side were designed years ago to ease pressing out the take down pins. Future models won't have it but will bring the non-ambi lowers into same specs as their ambi, which lacks the countersunk holes.

These shot show receivers are brand new and not seconds nor old stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you just keep us updated. That place is like a non stop dick comparison party. Gets old real fast. I do appreciate the updates Fledge
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do. Just didn't want to be the copy/paste guy. No new updates for now other than mine should ship middle of next week since KAC delayed shipping to boltcarrier to tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads

Knights Armament Stripped Lowers

Bc.com was sold out by the time i said what the hell, so I ordered from small arms. Never dealt with them before, but I hope the fact they ran the pre sale puts them near Ayan's tier. Anybody?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Bc.com was sold out by the time i said what the hell, so I ordered from small arms. Never dealt with them before, but I hope the fact they ran the pre sale puts them near Ayan's tier. Anybody?
    Small Arms is Operation Parts, which is a well-known KAC dealer. I've dealt with them in the past on parts and they were fine. I also had them wrench a rail for me since I don't own a SR-25 wrench and the process was slow, but as advertised. I wouldn't sweat working with them.

Since I'm in FL, Small Arms was cheaper for me than with Ayan, so I'm in the holding pattern to hear from them, like you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Small Arms Sales is Operation Parts. I've ordered from them many, many times. They are the original online KAC crack dealer. Before Ayan came along they were practically the only reliable source for KAC products. You did fine, don't worry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear, I ordered mine from SAS as well. I ordered some parts from Operation parts a few days ago and it went out the same day, should be here tomm. Looks like they run a live feed on inventory. And they state "Availability is updated automatically so there is no need to wonder if something listed as "In Stock" is actually available, it's so accurate that we even use the site to know what we have available." Which I thought was pretty cool...
    Last edited by Stone; 31 January 2017 at 09:27.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear! I saw some other parts I might pick up while I'm waiting for the lower.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got a shipping email from small arms sales.