Downloads
    Uploads

Army Awards SIG Sauer XM17 Modular Handgun System (MHS) Contract

Name:  IMG_1581.JPG
Views: 826
Size:  83.2 KB

The U.S. Army has announced that SIG Sauer will supply of pistols for the United States military. This gun is a variant of the P320, and will replace the M9 as made by Beretta. Contract value is north of $580 million and goes through 2027.

"I am tremendously proud of the Modular Handgun System team," said Army Acquisition Executive, Steffanie Easter. "By maximizing full and open competition across our industry partners, we have optimized private sector advancements in handguns, ammunition and magazines and the end result will ensure a decidedly superior weapon system for our Warfighters. As MHS moves forward into operational testing, the due diligence taken by all of the stakeholders will ensure a program that remains on-budget and on-schedule."

All pistols will be configurable to receive silencers, and will include both standard and extended capacity magazines. Pistols will be manufactured in Sig Sauer's New Hampshire facilities.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hard to believe it's been 32 years since the Beretta M9 was selected.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need a P320 at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always want more Sigs. I love em.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I need a P320 at some point.
    BC can work that for you.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy to see the Army finally dumping the M9. While I appreciate the quality of Sig's pistols, I've never really been a fan (I'm a Glock guy), but I've heard good things about these 320s, even from Glock guys. And I am happy to see this win for Sig because I really can't think of another major manufacturer that has dumped as much into R&D to bring new products to market. They've had their hiccups, but it's hard to innovate without bumps along the way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There appears to be a gap between the front sight and the slide. If that's not an optical illusion, it looks like that thing would snap off in a heartbeat.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper