Downloads
    Uploads

Need help from a Glock Ninja

Can I use the frame I ordered from Rainer, the 80% "Glock" Lower, given I use all the appropriate parts in the slide, can I build a 10mm or .357 sig on that frame, and if so, are there any technical difficulties, special lower parts, a lot of machining, etc. Thanks ahead for your help. If possible, I'd like to use a 19/23 length slide if available and possible, in 10mm or .357Sig.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see why you couldn't build it with a Glock 32 barrel for .357

10mm Frames are wider and there is no 19 length equivalent for a barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if that frame could take 10mm, but a standard 10mm Glock mag wouldn't fit the magwell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    357 Sig is possible as Stickman said with just a 32 barrel, the rest of the parts that matter for caliber (slide and ejector) are interchangeable between 40 and 357.

My concern would potentially be frame strength with 357, especially since the frame isn't called a 940357, just a 940 - potentially P80 feels it's not a wise combination.

Best bet? Contact Polymer 80, they will have the skinny and be happy to help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all of your help. Sounds like a bad idea all around. I guess if I want a .357Sig I'' just err on the side of caution, and buy one. I just have too many 9mm's and .40's and wanted to try something different.

Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Thanks for all of your help. Sounds like a bad idea all around. I guess if I want a .357Sig I'' just err on the side of caution, and buy one. I just have too many 9mm's and .40's and wanted to try something different.

Thanks,
    FT
    I don't know about the C models, but I do know the original PF940's marketing specifically includes .357sig as a viable build option. I wouldn't be concerned about frame strength. The new versions, while slimmer, also have structural upgrades like steel rail inserts. And, if worse comes to unforeseeable worse, and you do have a frame crack, p80 will send you a new one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I don't know about the C models, but I do know the original PF940's marketing specifically includes .357sig as a viable build option. I wouldn't be concerned about frame strength. The new versions, while slimmer, also have structural upgrades like steel rail inserts. And, if worse comes to unforeseeable worse, and you do have a frame crack, p80 will send you a new one.
    Thanks. I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Found out today from LW that the only difference between a .40 slide and components and .357 Sig., is the chambering of the barrel, obviously. Their slides are plain on the outside, but marked underneath ".357/.40". So I purchased a stripped slide today. Hoping the frame gets here soon. While it goes to Battle Cock, I can get the slide over to a friends to be cerakoted, while purchasing the parts for the lower assembly. Stippling, trigger and cerakote will probably be the extent of "custom work", and if all goes well, this project should go together pretty quickly.

FT.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger