Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question for Slip 2000 users

My anti-virus software won't let me access Slip's website, say's it's malicious. So I want to ask this question. I don't like my current lube and cleaning regime, but here's my situation. I live in a condo and use a spare bedroom for a gun room. I need an odorless, non toxic solution. It's my understanding, but I need confirmation, that Slip 2000 EWL is both non-toxic and odorless.

Also, is it just a lubricant or is EWL a CLP?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is odorless and nontoxic. Is also a CLP.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's great for home use. My wife hates any of the lubes that have an odor.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, for the quick answers, I'm going to see if I can find some locally and give it a try.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Slip 2000 EWL also, another good product that's nontoxic but has a pleasant minty smell is Froglube. I've had good luck out of both products.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple samples around if you want to try before you buy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    It is odorless and nontoxic. Is also a CLP.
    This man speaks the truth
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Same here. I'd send ya a small bottle if you want one.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I use Slip 2000 EWL also, another good product that's nontoxic but has a pleasant minty smell is Froglube. I've had good luck out of both products.
    GOST, I had pretty good luck with Frog Lube, but I was always cleaning after shooting. Then, after testing a couple of different weapons, and only firing a hand full of shots, I just said the heck with it and threw them in the safe. Pulled the LR10 out of the safe, and it was a gummed up mess.

What I really don't understand was how this could happen. If you follow the directions, heat the metal to about 100 F with a hair dryer or whatever, and put on a thin coat, then wipe off the part well, there should not be enough FL to turn into a gummy mess. The metal should feel slippery, but you shouldn't have enough to make a mess. Well, it gets into the pores between the peaks and valleys of the material, and I'm living proof that that stuff comes out and puts a gummy mess everywhere. Pulled other guns out of safe, and similar results.

Bottom line, I give up. It was good in theory, but isn't working for me. So, I'm going to try the SLIP products.

Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Same here. I'd send ya a small bottle if you want one.
    Thanks for the generous offer. Let me snoop around locally and see if I can round some up locally. After a lot of effort (long story) I've resolved some serious issues with the BCU on my LR10, have another AR I want to test, and need to be ready to go to the range by this coming Tuesday. If I can't find any locally, I'll just use some Hoppes or something to get me there, and I can order some SLIP products from Amazon or something. I appreciate the offers, though!

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    If you follow the directions, heat the metal to about 100 F with a hair dryer or whatever, and put on a thin coat, then wipe off the part well, there should not be enough FL to turn into a gummy mess.
    When a lube requires me to pull out a hair dryer and worry about surface temperature AND then have to wipe stuff down a second time, I quickly lose interest.

Just grab some EWL. If you want to clean every time, put some on the parts. If you don't clean and need to head to the range at the last second, squirt some lube on the critical parts and shoot. My only complaint with EWL (and much more so with regular Slip) is that it tends to vanish from NiB and the like surfaces if it sits for a while, but that's not necessarily Slip's fault, and it's easily remedied with another couple of dabs before shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can confirm what others have said: odorless, non-toxic, and a CLP.

Other benefits i've found with Slip 2000EWL: a little goes a long way, it's designed to bond and penetrate the surface so it's still working even if the surface looks dry, it doesn't get sticky or gummy no matter how long i've let a weapon sit after applying it, and it works the same regardless of how hot or cold it is outside.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 28 January 2017 at 00:09.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slip 2000 makes a good cleaner as well. The odor is very mild, reminiscent of Windex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Slip EWL 30 to reduce pooling in the buffer tube while in the safe. It's just sightly thicker. I slop the regular 2000 on for the range. Weaponshield seems the same as 2000 to me.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pro tip: Mobil 1 full synthetic is also odorless. JUST SAYIN!