Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Formally recognize black lives matter as a terrorist organization"

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...t-organization

California gun laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...constitutional
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post

California gun laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...constitutional
    Why would the White House care about this? That's not how our government works. The last thing the country needs is a President ruling by edict, even if you or I agree with the overall goal or result.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Why would the White House care about this? That's not how our government works. The last thing the country needs is a President ruling by edict, even if you or I agree with the overall goal or result.
    One of the only things the Federal government should be doing is stopping states from trampling on the Constitution. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that enforcing Constitutional rights would be an edict.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    One of the only things the Federal government should be doing is stopping states from trampling on the Constitution. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that enforcing Constitutional rights would be an edict.
    Because the Executive doesn't enforce Constitutional rights. Enforcing the Constitution is the role of the Judiciary. We may all agree that a law isn't/doesn't <fill in the blank>, but the Judiciary is the tool that makes that a reality. Otherwise it's nothing more than a temporary decree (ie, edict) until the next guy comes along.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The executive branch executes the laws. If California is breaking the laws, the executive branch is supposed to do something about it. The judiciary is to interpret the law.

Regardless, a petition like that creates public awareness. And that's the primary reason to sign it. If it makes a stir, more people will be alerted to the issue who otherwise would still be watching reruns of American Idol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

Regardless, a petition like that creates public awareness. And that's the primary reason to sign it. If it makes a stir, more people will be alerted to the issue who otherwise would still be watching reruns of American Idol.
    This, plus the added effect of Turk's proposals might give it the credibility thousands of e voices lacks.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The executive branch executes the laws. If California is breaking the laws, the executive branch is supposed to do something about it. The judiciary is to interpret the law.

Fair enough. Poor choice of words on my part, as you're right, the Judiciary doesn't have the mechanism to actually enforce the laws they interpret.

I'm just leery of everything being "solved" by EA or EO (regardless of political flavor). As you guys are pointing out, there are other means.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed, the exposure isn't going to hurt. If Cali is ever going to make a big push to remove some of those unconstitutional gun laws now is the time with a pro-gun POTUS, Senate and house.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post

I'm just leery of everything being "solved" by EA or EO (regardless of political flavor). As you guys are pointing out, there are other means.
    I'm with you. I don't want EOs to solve this. I don't even want Congress to pass laws to override illegal laws in states (ie CCW reciprocity). I want the law itself to be respected and upheld through the land through SCOTUS and executive action. We are now in a political climate that laws are no longer blind and for all. Unless the Sleeping Giant wakes, he'll be soup by dawn.