Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quoting from the article "“This white paper offers a disturbing series of giveaways to the gun industry that would weaken regulatory oversight of the gun industry without adequate consideration of the impact on public safety,”"

Let us discuss her concerns point by point.

Repeal of the NFA or passing the HPA would not hamper regulatory oversight of the gun industry. In fact it would do the opposite. What it would do is free the ATF from a series of frivolous requirements (here fill out these forms manually in triplicate 4 million times a year) and allow them to devote more time, resources, effort, and money into actual regulatory functions. When the agency is not saddled with millions of useless tasks that do not correlate into public safety they can focus their efforts on the areas that DO correlate into public safety.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Giveaways" is the rhetorical term. Trivializes the issue as if this is swag and not human rights.

Imagine using "giveaways" to let blacks drink at all public water fountains.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It wouldn't matter what was said. It was like those people camped out in front of the Supreme Court the other day. They had big signs that said "Oppose!" and under it had a big blank spot and under that it said "For the Supreme Court".

When they finally announced who it was going to be they pulled out their sharpies and put the guy's last name in there. It was literally the most ridiculous thing I've seen in ages.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    It wouldn't matter what was said. It was like those people camped out in front of the Supreme Court the other day. They had big signs that said "Oppose!" and under it had a big blank spot and under that it said "For the Supreme Court".

When they finally announced who it was going to be they pulled out their sharpies and put the guy's last name in there. It was literally the most ridiculous thing I've seen in ages.
    Simply amazing.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shameful.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Up to 58k signatures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goal reached.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Goal reached.
    Perhaps there is some glimmer of hope!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goal reached.
    Perhaps there is some glimmer of hope!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think every opportunity we have to educate and unite is all pushing the ball down the field.

We need some SCOTUS decisions that stop state bans too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think every opportunity we have to educate and unite is all pushing the ball down the field.

This.

I'm tired of states chipping away at our rights. I would honestly put the NFA on the backburner for this, because what good are NFA items if they limit transfers, possessions, and sales of 16" basic rifles.

I see this as a 4-8 year battle as more Supreme Court Justices retire/get replaced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    States should be allowed to make sensible changes to laws d/t local conditions, but should never have gained the ability to doctor constitutional and other federal laws to begin with. People legislating based on what they think is best for the people has its place and it's not in the state's realm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    States should be allowed to make sensible changes to laws d/t local conditions, but should never have gained the ability to doctor constitutional and other federal laws to begin with. People legislating based on what they think is best for the people has its place and it's not in the state's realm.
    The Fed should have shut that down long ago. As we know, refusing to execute the law emboldens more lawlessness.

Downloads
    Uploads

Amen, brother. We badly need some SCOTUS decisions that call out the state level bans for the unconstitutional piles of crap that they are and put a stop to them once and for all. I think having those decisions under our belt would make repealing things at the national level far more feasible.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ