Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    The BAD lowers are on sale somewhere for 160 or so. I was just picky on mating up the right upper, but very nice finished product.

DSG- You have to log in to see the discount. $160 is a great deal on those!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tact, whose upper receiver is that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I actually just picked up this matched set for my pistol build...

F1 Firearms forged matched set. Apex member pricing is just over $200 so its a good deal for a matched set with some extra machine work.

https://www.rainierarms.com/f-1-fire...eiver-set-ar15

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    It's the older 2A Armament upper. Not sure if it still looks the same. Here are the pics they sent me awhile back when I asked how the lines lined up with a forged lower. This may be some of the old design left.

http://www.tacticallink.com/2A-Armam...A-BU556-1.html

Name:  IMG_1634.JPG
Views: 182
Size:  38.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1633.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  36.6 KB
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, GOST. I like how it flares at the rail. Similar to SMOS version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    So I actually just picked up this matched set for my pistol build...

F1 Firearms forged matched set. Apex member pricing is just over $200 so its a good deal for a matched set with some extra machine work.

https://www.rainierarms.com/f-1-fire...eiver-set-ar15
    My opinion: I have this F1 forged set in a box and very disappointed in the quality. Frankly, I would never pay to get a stamp for it. Hate to be a downer.

If you want a good quality forged lower to SBR for a good price, I recommend grabbing a mega (or ghost precision which is the same), Sionics, BCM, or Sons of Liberty. You can get a sionics at Tombstone for like $80 and have the same rollmark as dozens of police depts around the country. Or wait a little longer and save for a Noveske forged lower cause the iron cross is timeless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My opinion: I have this F1 forged set in a box and very disappointed in the quality. Frankly, I would never pay to get a stamp for it. Hate to be a downer.

If you want a good quality forged lower to SBR for a good price, I recommend grabbing a mega (or ghost precision which is the same), Sionics, BCM, or Sons of Liberty. You can get a sionics at Tombstone for like $80 and have the same rollmark as dozens of police depts around the country. Or wait a little longer and save for a Noveske forged lower cause the iron cross is timeless.
    I will inspect it before I transfer the set. Maybe you got a bad set?

It looks to have what I am looking for so we shall see.

What exactly disappointed you about it? Anodizing? Machining?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Loose fit. Would never call it matching. Rough anodizing. Just overall rough Execution. Then the little flag lasered on the pin post of the upper (hidden from view) is distorted and just tacky, which tells me that they may have rushed this to market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Loose fit. Would never call it matching. Rough anodizing. Just overall rough Execution. Then the little flag lasered on the pin post of the upper (hidden from view) is distorted and just tacky, which tells me that they may have rushed this to market.
    Gotcha. I just sent an email to Rainier Arms to see if I could just change my order to a Mega Lower and Upper. I didn't place the order until last night so they really haven't even received the order yet. I am sure the will switch out my order. Thanks for the heads up and looking out for me.

It really looked like an awesome set...but looks can be deceiving.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the Mega Gator is hands down the best Forged Lower on the market. I probably have 10 of them and they are always in proper spec, best dyes, best anodizing, worthy of a lifetime purchase as a Form 1 Lower.

I also have several Rainier Arms Forged Lowers that are Form 2/4'ed as SBR's. Obviously also made by Mega Arms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again for your input.

I don't think RA will have any problems switching out my order before it ships. I already shot them out an email.

Downloads
    Uploads

Starting a Pistol/SBR

Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Thanks again for your input.

I don't think RA will have any problems switching out my order before it ships. I already shot them out an email.
    They've stopped shipments for me in the past. But their email response can be slow. I'd follow up in the morning to guarantee it.

I thought the same when I ordered the F1 set. Very promising in description and in pics. I'll probably sell mine one of these days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just call them.

877-556-GUNS (4867)
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I would just call them.

877-556-GUNS (4867)
    I will try but I am on the East Coast and I work in an ISO class 5 clean room...so no phone for me. Even by the time lunch rolls around for me, they aren't open yet. I will try though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GOST is correct. 2A Armament and it's a perfect match/fit all around. For whatever reason they are doing all those silly cuts that seems to be the thing now and that upper doesn't exist anymore. A real shame because it is probably one of the nicest uppers I've ever handled.