Downloads
    Uploads

Article: Optic Mounted Pistols and Concepts in Application

Decided to put some of my thoughts in an article...

I ran my G19L with a Unity Tactical Atom slide, with an Aimpoint T1 2MOA, at an AMTAC Integrated Combatives class last weekend and a few old lessons became very obvious to me, and I wanted to share them. An AAR will be coming of an AMTAC Integrated Combatives class soon.

During the first parts of the class we shot at close range, 7 yards and in for a variety of drills, this was not a pistol class, rather a combatives class which covers pistol application as a tool. Both days had similar weather which consisted of bright sunshine. I turned the T1 brightness to be compatible with the conditions and ended up around the 10 setting (10 out of 12) which worked for the first day's shooting. When we got to the end of the second day, we all ran the Stress Course, which included various stress-inducing tasks, the shooting portion consisted of several differently sized B-C Steel targets which had to be hit in order to move forward in the stress course. Starting distance was around 35 yards and it gained in distance to around 43-47 yards, second set of targets were between 20-30 yards, then there were several targets as you got closer.
    Link to full article -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/06/optic-m...ncepts-in.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I also use it as a diagnostic tool. If I go to the range and shoot a crappy 100 drill two times in a row, I have to know if it is the gun or me. Having a properly zeroed optic mounted pistol is excellent for this purpose. You will know right away if it is you or if it is the gun."

Excellent article Voodoo Man. Lots to absorb in there.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 16 June 2017 at 15:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    "I also use it as a diagnostic tool. If I go to the range and shoot a crappy 100 drill two times in a row, I have to know if it is the gun or me. Having a properly zeroed optic mounted pistol is excellent for this purpose. You will know right away if it is you or if it is the gun."

Excellent article Voodoo Man. Lots to absorb in there.
    Thanks for reading it.

I had a lot more to add but figured it was long enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Thanks for reading it.

I had a lot more to add but figured it was long enough.
    I definitely like and agree with the summary at the end there. For sure.

For real training and shooting applications a person needs to know their gear.

For a range toy or a tool to help figure out the diagnostics of trigger control or whatnot.... that's a whole different story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So as usual, training trumps equipment...
    What?!? That's crazy talk. 😉

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what's the verdict on the ATOM slide?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So what's the verdict on the ATOM slide?
    I had to warranty replace the t1 mount but now that it's replaced it's pretty good. OEM parts other than the SCD. I'm a fan. I may get an rmr plate as I probably won't be running an rmr on a pistol after I'm done reviewing the rbu2.