Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Polymer80 80% Lower - what are you going to build?

If you ordered one of the new Gen2 polymer frames from Rainer, what are your plans for it. I'm still pretty vague about specifics, especially the lower parts, but my plans are to send it to Battle Cock first, mill the frame when it gets back, install the supplied parts, and piece together the upper. I'm going (I hope) to get a 32 slide, barrel, etc.. and put together a .357 Sig, a caliber I've never owned, and probably just a subdued cerekote job that a friend will probably do for free or cheap.

As for a trigger, I'm going to lean towards reliability over flash, and I'm not sure at this point what that will be, or maybe it will be stock with the FT 37 cent trigger job (I go a little beyond the standard .25 cent trigger job that's been around forever)

So a cool, functional stippling job, OD cerekoted slide in .357sig and keep it simple and clean, is what I'm going to go for.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    For now I'm just gonna finish the lower and use my 19 Slide until I pick one up for it. Not in a dish to find one but casually looking here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    For now I'm just gonna finish the lower and use my 19 Slide until I pick one up for it. Not in a dish to find one but casually looking here and there.

D-Medic, they used to pop up fairly often on the GlockTalk forum. Haven't been there in a long while so not so sure anymore, but if you don't already, you might check them out occasionally.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    D-Medic, they used to pop up fairly often on the GlockTalk forum. Haven't been there in a long while so not so sure anymore, but if you don't already, you might check them out occasionally.

FT
    Will do. Thanks FT

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got this from Rainier:

"After testing of the new lower frames, Polymer80 decided to do a nitride treatment on portions of the lower to increase durability and longevity. Unfortunately, this will delay the lowers until the end of the month. As soon as we get them in, they will be ready for pickup or to be shipped out. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you very much."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking at getting in on the preorder for the 19 frame. I have no solid plans yet, a few ideas I have tossed around in my head, but thats about it. Stippling for sure though. I've been browsing triggers, slides and barrels for a few weeks now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got shipping notification.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Just got shipping notification.
    Yeah, and I got nothing... Seriously though, I wish they'd tell us where we are in the queue. I guess that just might be a logistical nightmare, figuring that out and notifying everyone. I went to their website and they stated that they will be shipping intermittingly until the orders are fulfilled. I've got most of my parts ordered, with just the barrel and trigger to go. I've decided to keep this project simple for reliability, just concentrating on a few area's for enhanced performance.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glock Store has 17 and 19 slides for $250

http://www.glockstore.com/Deals/Firearm-Friday

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking for a barrel. The aftermarket barrels I've tried have been LW or KKM. I've heard really good things about Wilson Combat Glock barrels, and Storm Lake barrel (reviews, I've never owned one) are kind of all over the place, and from what I understand, they take great pride in their pricing over what little performance gains they give as far as accuracy. May just go with the WC and use my MIL discount. Actually, had I just went to the store and bought a G32 .357Sig, I probably had just leave the stock barrel in it, for sheer reliability, and decent self-defense accuracy. Hopefully I'll get my buddy to cerrakote the slide while the receiver is getting stippled. Then, it should just take about an hour or so to get everything put together. Waiting on UWone77 to get those triggers in and give us an idea of how they work out.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Glock Store has 17 and 19 slides for $250

http://www.glockstore.com/Deals/Firearm-Friday
    At that price, it seems worth buying a blue label Glock and just selling off the parts not needed....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    At that price, it seems worth buying a blue label Glock and just selling off the parts not needed....
    The smart thing, for me would have been to buy a G32 and say the heck with it. I just wanted to try an 80% from a piece of paper up. For me it certainly didn't make economic sense, that's for sure.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads

Polymer80 80% Lower - what are you going to build?

I have read less than stellar reviews from WC and Storm Lake. I will try and find the review where a user unaffiliated with any company did a test over 1/2 dozen barrels. The test covered different ranges and different bullet weights.

Not sure if crossposting from other forums is an issue so I just pm'd the review/test.

Besides those, I'm personally going to give Blacklist a try as I hear that they're pretty accurate with the 147s I like to run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I linked that article in another pistol/Glock thread.

Honestly, I've had good luck with that Blacklist Industries barrel that I posted in the review section. Very accurate. I've also had good results with S3F and ZEV Barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For what its worth, My M&P 9 has a threaded Wilson combat barrel on it and I have been very happy with it, thinking about the same for the 19 I currently have
    Last edited by KW900A; 2 March 2017 at 10:11.