Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I've got one of those . Just wait till you see the work Battlecock did on my receiver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uhhh... Phrasing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Uhhh... Phrasing?
    I know what I said. Giggity Giggity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this also happened.. Can't wait to get this done!

KM3 & BC (4 of 4).jpg

KM3 & BC (3 of 4).jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice and clean

What's the plan for the slide ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice and clean

What's the plan for the slide ?
    The Zev Spartan more than likely

Downloads
    Uploads
    And done! Took about 2 hours to mill, finish by hand and install the parts. Now I just need a slide!

(Cell phone shot BC it's late and I'm lazy)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn you guys! I finished my PF940C, but the damn rear pin hole doesn't line up with the rail. The rail is sitting about 1/16", maybe less, too high. Waiting on the delivery of another rear rail module.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you drill the hole straight through, or one side then flip and drill the other. Sort of looks like the bit deflected. Anyway, sorry to see it. That definitely sucks.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ curious as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One side, then the other. Then ran the drill all the way through while still in the jig. They sent me another rear rail module, same problem. They had me destroy the frame, then sent me a whole new kit, and that one was still just a hair off but was able to work the pin in. Nice tight fit. Here she is completed. So far 100 rounds no failures. The important parts being the Apex Brownells red trigger, ZEV V4 connector and complete Glock slide. I will most likely replace the slide with a Grey Ghost Precision/Aero Precision slide when they are released. If they release a G19. If just a G17 I will still get one, and wait for P80 to release an updated G17 frame :). I used an Apex failure resistant extractor. And mostly Lone Wolf frame parts. I installed Warren Tactical flat black rear and tritium front sight. The rear rails took a bit of filing to keep the slide from binding. It took me a few hours as I moved slowly. Oh and I am waiting on a ZEV titanium pin set. Because titanium.

Last edited by Aberration79; 18 May 2017 at 09:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S. I have noticed something with this kit that has given me great concern. I have shared the information with P80 and am waiting to see how they respond before I let the cat out. But I think honestly you can expect to hear them say something in the not too distant future. I am no Glock/Firearm expert but I do troubleshoot far more complex equipment, and I don't think what I am seeing is wrong.

Edit: P80 replied and said based on the pictures its an out of spec rear rail. They are sending another. From everything I read about problems with the PF940C, they have all been rear rail module related. I think they really need to take a hard look at their quality control. Especially when its 2x what I can get a finished Glock frame for. No excuses.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 18 May 2017 at 10:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huh..thanks for the info

I agree for the price you shouldn't have any problems per say

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope to hell mines o.k., since I've already had mine stippled by Battle Cock! Just got back from fishing in FL Keys, so won't get to my bud's mill until Monday, at the earliest. Now I guess I've got to hold my freaking breath until I find out, huh? Thanks for the warning and posting the thread.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    With a safety issue like this, I can't just keep my mouth shut. Especially since P80 made no indication they were going to issue any kind of warning or anything to their customers. They say on their sight its low to medium skill task. This kind of work is not listed or mentioned anywhere. That aint right.

Here is the issue. I went to an indoor range, fired 100 rounds without failure. Came home tore it down to inspect and clean. While doing function checks I find the trigger doesn't always reset. Not only does not it always reset, sometimes it acted like it was going to reset and released the striker, while letting out the trigger. So I look online and see people mention problems with the disconnect and adjustable trigger/ejector housings. So I started backing out the screw on the housing. But nothing changed. I couldn't really see real good, so I order an orange Glock half backplate. But I keep looking into it. And what I find is the trigger bar is contacting the rear rail module. The crucible I think they call it is not even contacting the ejector housing adjustment screw. And without that screw its got like 3-4mm more to travel! My feeling is there are a lot of people who have finished these who think they got a real sweet trigger. So for I got 3 rails out of spec. This 4th one is supposed to be in spec. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the safety of the products out in the field. I also wonder what the impact is on the trigger bar being banged again this rail, depending on how ham fisted the shooter is. And all it would take is for them to cut this rear rail back so the trigger moves the full range in the OEM housing. These rails are much longer than the OEM. I filed this part of the rail and rounded the edge to give more clearance, then moved the ejector housing 'over travel' adjustment screw in until it was contacting the screw and not the rail.

I could have put a round through the ceiling or into the floor because of this. At an indoor range. Or worse. They would have been furious. I would have been furious. Stay safe guys. From what I read its suggested at least half of the striker is engaged by the crucible. I do advice everyone checks this.

Here you can see where its contacting.

Here you can see how much further the crucible has to travel in the housing.

Last edited by Aberration79; 20 May 2017 at 15:57.

Downloads
    Uploads

Polymer80 80% Lower - what are you going to build?

Can someone explain the allure of all this 80% lower stuff?