Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, it was just putting in the effort of making it and choosing all my parts. Having NFA items I am not so concerned with it being unregistered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aberration79 thanks for the post showing the issue.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Can someone explain the allure of all this 80% lower stuff?
    Because I can. Seriously, not trying to be a smartass, but for me it's been a one time thing, where I can choose every separate component, and do as I wish.
    I could buy a stock Glock 32, for much less, but then if I completely gutted it, the frame still wouldn't be the same, then stippling, then hand pick every single component. If that's not what someone's looking for, then for me, it wouldn't be worth the time and effort. It's not a "budget" "Glock", just a project to screw around with, and hopefully get a sweet running .357 Sig out of it.

So, I guess that's the "allure". For me it's more of an experiment than an "allure", that, and I've always been a bit of a tinkerer.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    A project.....ok I get that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glockstore just had factory frames a week ago for $50/per on 17/19's. Even with shipping they averaged out to $70/per.

This is basically what has prevented me from going a Poly80. I'd much rather have factory frames, even if they do have serial numbers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can someone explain the allure of all this 80% lower stuff?
    I just wish someone would do an aluminum 80% Glock Lower... now that would be interesting!

Downloads
    Uploads
    tact, there's a segment of the market prepared for the day of gun confiscation. 80% receivers / frames are off the govt lists. Of course the govt could subpoena sales records and credit cards...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gun confiscation?? Really....

A project I get, other than that I don't get it.

Downloads
    Uploads

In NY, they were already caught publishing gun owners addresses. If you are in the registers, criminals know who to hit.

In CA, they are implementing confiscation of magazines.

The Left has tipped their hand in the last couple years that they want to make semi-autos illegal (they tried banning handguns in the 70s) and abolish the 2a. They also favor national gun owner databases.

Some take these current events seriously and spreading. Some think the Left is tolerant.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree.

If the government is coming for my stuff, I'm not going to care too much about my 80% glock 19 they don't know about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Aberration79 thanks for the post showing the issue.
    If anyone knows people to pass this on to where it would reach a much larger audience I would appreciate it. I honestly don't want anyone to have a true AD and wind up damaging property or hurting themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    If anyone knows people to pass this on to where it would reach a much larger audience I would appreciate it. I honestly don't want anyone to have a true AD and wind up damaging property or hurting themselves.
    Thanks for posting that. I'll double and triple check that before it goes to the range for testing. Maybe you can go over to GLOCKTALK.com and post it there?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    Have you taken a rubber mallet and performed a drop/strike test on it? Compress the striker and use the mallet to strike it sharply on the slide plate to simulate dropping it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I'll double and triple check that before it goes to the range for testing. Maybe you can go over to GLOCKTALK.com and post it there?

FT
    I have in the Gunsmithing section. Maybe I will try and PM a mod about a different subforum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Have you taken a rubber mallet and performed a drop/strike test on it? Compress the striker and use the mallet to strike it sharply on the slide plate to simulate dropping it.
    I havent. But I have already filed the rail to solve the problem. I can, but I do not suspect it to be a problem at this point.