Downloads
    Uploads

The AR pistol has begun...

I got my Mega receiver set today and I have to say that everybody here was right. This receiver set is very nice...one of the finest forged sets I have ever seen.

So to my Mega Receivers I mated up a Ballistic Advantage 10.3" performance series barrel and a Mega 9" wedgelock MLok rail. I currently have a KAK tube on it as well. Turned out perfect.

I still need to add a BCG (will using toolcraft with cryptic coatings melonite), CH (will use a BCM), and flash hider (SilencerCo Trifecta Saker).

For those with experience with pistols/SBRs, which buffer would be appropriate to use with this setup? After I get it finished I will be doing a form 1 and build it into an SBR. I am thinking about going with a Law Tactical side folder with Magpul fixed carbine stock. Has anybody used the side folder before? How does it function?

Thanks everybody for the help with this one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking like a great build. Sorry I can't help with info on the side-folder.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great! Seeing is believing! Can't wait to see that as an SBR! My 8" 300blk uses a H1 buffer. That is probably something you're gonna have to play with to find the sweet spot. They tend to be across the board...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking good! I would drop in an H2 buffer and a good quality spring and go from there. What caliber is this?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Isn't SilencerCo dropping the saker trifecta? If you plan to buy a saker can, get the ASR muzzle device. They are only selling Saker ASR now.

Side folder is great. But I'd determine if you really need one first. They are heavy and add moving parts. Is your storage small? I use one because I can't get my pistol in the backpack otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Looking good! I would drop in an H2 buffer and a good quality spring and go from there. What caliber is this?

Plans for a 300 BLK upper are also in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Isn't SilencerCo dropping the saker trifecta? If you plan to buy a saker can, get the ASR muzzle device. They are only selling Saker ASR now.

Side folder is great. But I'd determine if you really need one first. They are heavy and add moving parts. Is your storage small? I use one because I can't get my pistol in the backpack otherwise.
    This is correct. I imagine that the old Sakers are being blown out to get rid of inventory.

I did not want a Trifecta Mount Saker myself, but got one for $370 and could not say no.