Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apex Trigger's for Glocks

Anyone have any experience with these? I have Apex FSS triggers in all three of my M&P's, and am very impressed with them, and the company, and I've been considering ordering one of their Glock triggers. However, I can't find anyone who has actually tried one, except a few conflicting reviews on the 'net.

Just trying to get some info as to whether or not to try one. Any commentary you might give will be appreciated.

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every Apex Glock Trigger I've seen fielded has broken eventually. I don't know why, but the M&P Triggers are a lot better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Every Apex Glock Trigger I've seen fielded has broken eventually. I don't know why, but the M&P Triggers are a lot better.
    Wow! I sure didn't expect that. I don't know what "every" means, but if it's more than one, I think I'll take a pass. I'm also looking at the GlockKraft D.A.T. trigger as well. That and some polishing.

I'm surprised. I've shot the hell out of two of my M&P's with APEX FSS triggers with zero issues. One, the 9mm, not so much but feels and functions consistent with the others.

Thanks for the heads up UW.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

I've been playing around with different Glock Triggers, but unlike AR triggers it seems like there isn't as many extensive reviews. So far, I like the ZEV triggers I've shot, but I know some people think the trigger is mushy. Reset is fantastic though. So far I've enjoyed the Glocktriggers.com the best.

I just ordered 2 Overwatch Precision Triggers from Weapon Outfitters on Roy's recommendation, so I'll try those out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

I've been playing around with different Glock Triggers, but unlike AR triggers it seems like there isn't as many extensive reviews. So far, I like the ZEV triggers I've shot, but I know some people think the trigger is mushy. Reset is fantastic though. So far I've enjoyed the Glocktriggers.com the best.

I just ordered 2 Overwatch Precision Triggers from Weapon Outfitters on Roy's recommendation, so I'll try those out.
    I think the Overwatch triggers are the same as the same thing as the D.A.T. GlockKraft triggers sold by Robar. Let us know when you get one and what you think. Looks like I'm going to have an extra month or more to decide what I want. The only thing I have never liked was the Glock Trigger, and I've tried multiple solutions, some had better results than others. I was stationed in CA when the 17 came out on the market. It was about two years later that I saw the first one at a range. At the time, I only liked two kinds of pistols, 1911's and 1911's. After gawking at the guy's Glock, he generously offered to let me shoot a mag. I did, and I was shocked. The trigger (to me) sucked a big one, though I kept my opinion to myself, thanking him for the opportunity. The gun didn't fell balanced, it didn't even feel like a pistol, period. In my mind I was thinking "what an aborted piece of crap that was". I thought that'll never fly...It's a fad that will pass. Oh well, I thought cassette tapes would never overtake 8 tracks either. I've owned several since, but have stayed with the 19 and 23. Looking forward to trying the .357 Sig since the round came out, but never got around to it. Really hoping this project goes well and performs good the first try, so hoping to find the right trigger the first time.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 9 February 2017 at 14:05.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually don't mind stock Glock Triggers. Maybe I've just been used to shooting them for so long.

So FT, what do you plan to do with this gun? Just target shooting ? Competition?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is shite without pix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have an Overwatch TAC on the way for my little 42.

I admittedly don't know much about Glocks, but I've been enamored with this one........other than the trigger. Found quite a bit of discussion about safety issues with various trigger brands, Overwatch came out as being one of a handful that have NEVER (yet) failed the safety test. Mine will be here either Saturday or Monday, and I'm excited to try it (adding Ghost 3.5 connector).

I wish I had known WO had Overwatch triggers, I'd have ordered them from him......

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually don't mind stock Glock Triggers. Maybe I've just been used to shooting them for so long.

So FT, what do you plan to do with this gun? Just target shooting ? Competition?
    Mostly just target shooting, and if I gain confidence in it, as in it goes bang every time, after say 500 rounds, I may put it in the carry rotation. Mostly I'm carrying an M&P .40 FS, but may start rotating it out for the 9mm. Rarely carry the .45 anymore. My Glocks, a 19 and 23, mostly hang around in the safe, We'll see what happens with the .357Sig, as it's pretty expensive ammo if you don't reload. So it can get expensive for target practice. I guess in reality, it's more of an experiment for me.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This thread is shite without pix.
    Ha..ha.. don't have anything to take a picture of, yet. Since the Polymer 80 frames have been held up, I can't get it to Battle Cock for stippling. Then there's milling the frame and cerakoting the slide. The only thing I've ordered for it yet is a bare slide from Lone Wolf. Got that the day before yesterday. It looks like I have another 3 or 4 weeks to decide and order the barrel, trigger and rest of the parts, before I have anything to take a picture of..
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    The biggest failures I've ever seen, at least 2, maybe 3 are titanium safety plungers. Tops deform totally rendering weapon temporarily FUBAR. Had one guy send me his to ensure his was TI. Looked like top was TI nitride. Did the old simple, stick it to a grinding wheel and watch the brilliant shower of extremely white sparks. I just polish the stock unit, or buy a steel one that has been polished from an aftermarket parts dealer.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

Any feedback on the Overwatch Precision Triggers yet?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Any feedback on the Overwatch Precision Triggers yet?
    Literally just got them installed the other day.

First impressions... positive reset but heavy trigger pull.

I'll have to hit the range with it to get a better feel for how I like or dislike it. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll have to hit the range with it to get a better feel for how I like or dislike it. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
    Did you know they have this as well which may compliment their trigger: NP3 Plated Glock 4.5 lb "Minus" Connector
    http://overwatchprecision.com/np3-pl...nus-connector/

Which one did you get? TAC? or the DAT? Or both?

"Note that trigger pull weight does not change from factory weight with the use of this trigger alone."
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you do anything else besides install the trigger? I know Glock armorer's take a blood oath to ensure that people don't modify ANY thing on their Glocks, especially if they are going to be carry guns, but I have a formula that after many different tries, that works well and is safe and reliable. If not already done from the factory, polish every surface that contacts anything. 3.5lb connector. Drop firing pin spring from 6 lb to 5lb. Any lower and you'll risk light primer strikes. Go up one pound for trigger spring from 5lb to 6lb. Use OEM Trigger housing/ejector. Buy a steel safety plunger and polish the hell out of the top (I just use a dremel with small cotton whell and some semi-chrome or Flitz. I also cheated and bough a pre-polished SS safety plunger from Apex for this project.

You probably know all of this already, but maybe some others here don't.

Things that I've had or seen fail: Aftermarket trigger housing with adjustment screw from trigger. Failed twice, but one might have been my fault, I used red lock-tite and that might have affected the structural integrity of the plastic. Anyway, I found that OEM works much better. Gaston was pretty smart.

Titanium safety plungers. I recommend that folks take them and throw them into the bowels of hell. Unless you're using the gun for comp/target ONLY, you'll save so little weight that you'll never notice the difference. The tops are generaly Ti nitride and it peels back. I've seen three, 2 others and one my own, have catastrophic failures. (won't operate).

Like I said, UW, I'm pretty sure you're familiar with all of this, but if someone is doing this (Glock Triggers) for the first time, this might save them a lot of grief, that I had to stubbornly teach myself the hard way. I would bet that you can get the trigger down to about 4lbs. maybe just a hair lighter.

Do the triggers have a "fat" safety, and is the trigger coated with NP3? I googled these triggers and they seem to be the same as the ones Robar sells, but I'm not sure??

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 25 February 2017 at 08:24.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger