Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Did you do anything else besides install the trigger? I know Glock armorer's take a blood oath to ensure that people don't modify ANY thing on their Glocks, especially if they are going to be carry guns, but I have a formula that after many different tries, that works well and is safe and reliable. If not already done from the factory, polish every surface that contacts anything. 3.5lb connector. Drop firing pin spring from 6 lb to 5lb. Any lower and you'll risk light primer strikes. Go up one pound for trigger spring from 5lb to 6lb. Use OEM Trigger housing/ejector. Buy a steel safety plunger and polish the hell out of the top (I just use a dremel with small cotton whell and some semi-chrome or Flitz. I also cheated and bough a pre-polished SS safety plunger from Apex for this project.

You probably know all of this already, but maybe some others here don't.

FT
    I've been to the Glock armorer 5 or 6 times, starting back in 96 and never told we couldn't change anything. Glock just pushes the "Glock is perfect" angle like most companies do. The last class I was at the instructor was pretty honest and open about things and commented Glock changes things just so departments and people want to buy new models. When it came to aftermarket parts, he would comment that it was a Glock course and while there were other options, he was paid to be there to teach Glocks.

They have mentioned in multiple classes switching parts to create a different trigger pull, but none of them felt all that crisp to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've been to the Glock armorer 5 or 6 times, starting back in 96 and never told we couldn't change anything. Glock just pushes the "Glock is perfect" angle like most companies do. The last class I was at the instructor was pretty honest and open about things and commented Glock changes things just so departments and people want to buy new models. When it came to aftermarket parts, he would comment that it was a Glock course and while there were other options, he was paid to be there to teach Glocks.

They have mentioned in multiple classes switching parts to create a different trigger pull, but none of them felt all that crisp to me.
    His "paid to be there to teach Glock" makes perfect sense." However, my experiences, especially in Glock forums pertaining to modifications and aftermarket parts have been different". Armorers, or at least those who had been to an armorers course go on ad nauseam to the 5th power squared, concerning not using aftermarket or modifying Glock parts. I've learned the hard way that they were more often than not, correct. If I was as active of a pistol shooter that I used to be, I'd like to go to the course, but now I just try to keep my SD skills halfway alive, and it just wouldn't be worth it, especially since I carry an M&P most of the time.

The method that I used and posted to get a smooth trigger with a "safe" 3.5 to 4lb. pull, still won't get you a "crisp" e.g. tuned 1911 trigger break. Probably many more ways to do it, but it's been a reliable, repeatable formula for me. The only AM trigger, for a striker fired pistol I've found that comes even close to that is the APEX FSS which I have one of in all 3 of my M&P's. The downside of that is that it's illegal in a lot of competition classes, and are almost universally a no-go for LEO carry.

TACT: Got the PM. Thanks. I decided on and purchased a KKM match barrel. I hope to get good accuracy and reliable feeding with it. If not, this is going to be one hell of an expensive experiment. I've almost forgot this was going to be fun.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 25 February 2017 at 17:31.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Consider the Arsenal Democracy SWiTCH trigger - it's a Whole New Breed.

https://www.arsenaldemocracy.us/product/switch/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Democracy View Post
    Consider the Arsenal Democracy SWiTCH trigger - it's a Whole New Breed.

https://www.arsenaldemocracy.us/product/switch/
    Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you guys on board!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Old thread but..
    I have had a overwatch tac trigger in my g19 since last year

Have still yet to find the connector/spring combo that I truly like..maybe I'm trying to hard but I still think I can get it better..I phuck with everything..lol..

But a lw, ghost , dot,std 5.5 glock, and stock spring and zev extra power spring
    Haven't tried and different aftermarket strikers /striker springs , just a good inspection and polish of what needs to be.

But compared to stock it is much better , nice flat face to finger and out of the box it is a shorter take up to the wall..but still (for me atleast) it's more noticeable then I was led on , but still better all round for me and GLOCK triggers..I have noticed I do shoot a little better..as far as groups before and after..

I still need to round up a minus connector to try, seems most like the dot and minus with this trigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some quick pics before I had put it in to show the difference

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Old thread but..
    I have had a overwatch tac trigger in my g19 since last year

Have still yet to find the connector/spring combo that I truly like..maybe I'm trying to hard but I still think I can get it better..I phuck with everything..lol..

But a lw, ghost , dot,std 5.5 glock, and stock spring and zev extra power spring
    Haven't tried and different aftermarket strikers /striker springs , just a good inspection and polish of what needs to be.

But compared to stock it is much better , nice flat face to finger and out of the box it is a shorter take up to the wall..but still (for me atleast) it's more noticeable then I was led on , but still better all round for me and GLOCK triggers..I have noticed I do shoot a little better..as far as groups before and after..

I still need to round up a minus connector to try, seems most like the dot and minus with this trigger
    I've got like 3 or 4 overwatch triggers I've been trying out. Much like yourself, I have yet to find the perfect connector/spring combo. So far I find it just barely better than the stock Glock trigger. I'll give it a few thousand more rounds to break in though before I decide if I like it or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought the whole premise or mission behind the Overwatch/Robar trigger was basically keeping as close to stock (trigger pull weight) while just improving the pre-travel over an OEM trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've got like 3 or 4 overwatch triggers I've been trying out. Much like yourself, I have yet to find the perfect connector/spring combo. So far I find it just barely better than the stock Glock trigger. I'll give it a few thousand more rounds to break in though before I decide if I like it or not.
    Right on, running any with lighter strikers /springs?
    I know you have a few different glock triggers..got a favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I thought the whole premise or mission behind the Overwatch/Robar trigger was basically keeping as close to stock (trigger pull weight) while just improving the pre-travel over an OEM trigger.
    Ya pre and over travel, plus slightly shorter reach, here's a copy of overwatch's description

The flat face reduces trigger reach by 0.24", making this an ideal option for smaller statured shooters. Pre-travel has been reduced as much as possible without compromising firearm safety features, resulting in a clean, crisp break, and reduced overtravel. Robar's NP3 plating provides virtually impermeable corrosion resistance and smooth, grit-free operation. Note that trigger pull weight does not change from factory weight with the use of this trigger alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I know the description. I was referring to what I read or heard from someone associated with the development of the trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotcha, was just Dropping some info..

Kinda wish I had a trigger scale for the hell of it, to see aft/before weights from stock to just trigger , to more exotic striker/sprig setups

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Yeah, I know the description. I was referring to what I read or heard from someone associated with the development of the trigger.
    The trigger has a "snappiness" to it that I wasn't expecting. It's hard to describe. Just to clarify, I'm not having issues with the pull weight. It just doesn't have the smoothness I was expecting. Sorry I suck at describing triggers.