Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 Aero Precision Gen2 lowers, a spikes LPK, buffer spring and buffer came home with me last Thursday. Will install an existing RRA pistol tube until a stamp is acquired. Ordered a Form1 packet via the ATF website the other evening. 2018 will be the year of my SBR, haha. Who knows, maybe end of 2017

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksenter View Post
    I have multiple AR's including a pistol already. Not concerned about building it as a rifle and using it with rifle uppers until the stamp arrives. Generally speaking though, good info.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I'd suggest building at a pistol lower first even if its just for a fraction of a second that you put the pistol buffer on. You can't make a pistol from a rifle, but if it started as a pistol it can be returned to a pistol. Sounds stupid as you can just say you did, but I actually did it just so I never had to lie LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've thought this over many times. I feel as though I would do one of the Battle Arms forged lowers
    Well made, has the tension screw and other nice add ons and I like the roll mark.
    That being said I live in NY so I don't need to concern myself with such thoughts...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    I'd suggest building at a pistol lower first even if its just for a fraction of a second that you put the pistol buffer on. You can't make a pistol from a rifle, but if it started as a pistol it can be returned to a pistol. Sounds stupid as you can just say you did, but I actually did it just so I never had to lie LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've already threaded in my rra pistol tube. Lol. Will likely assemble the lower this week sometime.

What other plates (technical term escapes me but the rear plate that holds the take down spring in and locates extension/tube properly) will work with a pistol buffer tube? I know the Magpul asap does. Anything else? Can always grind the centering nub off a regular plate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've already threaded in my rra pistol tube. Lol. Will likely assemble the lower this week sometime.

What other plates (technical term escapes me but the rear plate that holds the take down spring in and locates extension/tube properly) will work with a pistol buffer tube? I know the Magpul asap does. Anything else? Can always grind the centering nub off a regular plate.

KAK sells an endplate w/o the tab. https://www.kakindustry.com/plain-pistol-endplate

They also make pistol buffer tubes that take standard end plates and castle nuts. https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-pa...kwave-tube-kit

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget a QD end plate, I usually utilitze a single point with AR pistols.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For me some considerations:

1. Milspec Lower (so it mates up well with the most variety of uppers)
    2. Roll mark you like (you'll likely be married to it for life)

Once you have a few, then you can definitely branch out to whatever you like as the last few I've done are dedicated SBR's/Suppressor Hosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yes. If I was only going to do 1 SBR lower, it would be a forged, Colt, BCM, LMT, KAC, Whatever.

Pretty much these two posts on the money

Downloads
    Uploads

how did you pick which lower to SBR?

nVM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    As easy as a pistol tube is to remove I simply filled down the locating tab of an extra end plate so the tube will thread in. Lower is assembled, spikes lol comes with a pretty cool mag release button. Don't care much for the grip, I'll change it once I can attach a vfg to the upper. Aero your with spikes lpk went together went together like butter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn I should have proof read.

Lol = lpk
    Aero your = aero upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know you can edit your own posts, right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    You know you can edit your own posts, right?
    fully aware. However, have not mastered the task using the Tapatalk app while at work, hah!

Thanks though

Downloads
    Uploads
    A buddy did his inexpensive lower (can't remember the brand) after verification that it'd work with a variety of uppers. His thought was he didn't want to invest much beyond the $200 tax stamp. Not necessarily the route I'd take but it does give him a useful test mule that he's not afraid to use and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whenever I decided on submitting for an SBR, I start shopping for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the thread reboot, but I too am again looking to build a new SBR. I’m sticking with a forged lower, and like to use Rainier Arms (Apex and utilizing their engraving service). My current one is an Aero, but I’m also looking at ZEV, GGP (made by ZEV), and Vseven. Anyone or anything I’m overlooking?