Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Sorry for the thread reboot, but I too am again looking to build a new SBR. I’m sticking with a forged lower, and like to use Rainier Arms (Apex and utilizing their engraving service). My current one is an Aero, but I’m also looking at ZEV, GGP (made by ZEV), and Vseven. Anyone or anything I’m overlooking?
    What kind of SBR are you looking for (5.56, 300BLK, .308) and will it be suppressed? If so what percent of the time? Stuff I've learned more about today has be rethinking a whole lot of stuff regarding SBRs and such.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What kind of SBR are you looking for (5.56, 300BLK, .308) and will it be suppressed? If so what percent of the time? Stuff I've learned more about today has be rethinking a whole lot of stuff regarding SBRs and such.
    Looking at a 5.56 for this one, 99% supressed with current Omega. Looking at 10.5” or 11.5” and presently favoring the 11.5. Since I already have one SBR in 300BLK, I’m in no time crunch, I’ll pistol it first so I can take both out at the same time when needed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at a 5.56 for this one, 99% supressed with current Omega. Looking at 10.5” or 11.5” and presently favoring the 11.5. Since I already have one SBR in 300BLK, I’m in no time crunch, I’ll pistol it first so I can take both out at the same time when needed.
    When it comes to which lower I can't offer any opinions since my experience is limited and my tastes vary from other people. Just don't get anything ugly with skulls and shit on it I am kidding of course. If you like that stuff go for it.

My experience isn't very varied so my 2 cents isn't worth a lot when it comes to various brand names.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When it comes to which lower I can't offer any opinions since my experience is limited and my tastes vary from other people. Just don't get anything ugly with skulls and shit on it I am kidding of course. If you like that stuff go for it.

My experience isn't very varied so my 2 cents isn't worth a lot when it comes to various brand names.
    But skulls are rad (and the main reason they are not my top choice).

Downloads
    Uploads
    But skulls are rad (and the main reason they are not my top choice).
    You might as well get an Ice Ice Baby tattoo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might as well get an Ice Ice Baby tattoo.
    It would go well next to the word to your mother tat

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Arms makes a nice, but pricey forged lower.

Downloads
    Uploads

how did you pick which lower to SBR?

Based on what Rainier offers, I’d personally go with a Noveske lower (for the rollmark) or the new Aero M4E1. Aero did a great job with that one.

If you do 11.5 mostly suppressed, make sure you give a look at the Sionics reduced gas port barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the Aero with the american flag on it just so I'd have an easy visual cue to set it apart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still like Mega Gator forged for SBRs (and other builds). I don’t get BCM, Colt, Noveske or LMT engraved in case I want to sell with a matching upper in the future.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would find one that fits any upper well.

But me being me I went with a CMT Slick Side lower cause it was super clean looking. (even for a blem).

If I do another it would be an Aero M4E1 https://aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-st...zed-black.html
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always built complete rifles and never swap uppers. So I usually know I’m stamping it when I start. Never really cared what lower until the integrated ambi features came around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of ambi- lowers, I wouldn't hesitate to stamp a Radian lower. Pricey but we'll worth every sheckel.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Speaking of ambi- lowers, I wouldn't hesitate to stamp a Radian lower. Pricey but we'll worth every sheckel.
    I’d Radian each rifle if I could, but CMT works for me for now. And that VSeven is on sale this weekend, so I may jump on that. I’ve managed not to buy any gun stuff all month so far, very proud of myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both are great choices!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!