Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust?

I got an email that had an advertisement for some new kind of post 41F Trust that is being offered by Silencer Shop. I assume they've had lawyers working overtime to figure all this out because it's in the interests to do so.

The link to the page on SS' website is below. It seems like it's somehow different than a traditional trust. I am curious to hear others opinions on this and exactly how all that works. It's really not 'just curiosity' because as a customer I would like to know how all that works. With the silencers I've already bought I know exactly how that goes (this was one of the hurdles getting me into NFA to start with). Once I understood that then I was all the way on board.

If this new thing is a viable option for my situation I would most definitely give it a whirl. That said I want to know before I do it, not after.

http://www.silencershop.com/single-s...+Your+Silencer!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not really different. It just lets you bypass prints/photos on additional trustees.

Each time you buy a suppressor you put it on a new trust with only yourself on it. After the suppressor is approved, you can add family members or whoever you want without having to fingerprint/photo them. (This is per 41F details)

Some people go beyond this and say you can use this method to sell suppressors without paying additional tax and wait times, but that's a question for lawyers.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    It's not really different. It just lets you bypass prints/photos on additional trustees.

Each time you buy a suppressor you put it on a new trust with only yourself on it. After the suppressor is approved, you can add family members or whoever you want without having to fingerprint/photo them. (This is per 41F details)

Some people go beyond this and say you can use this method to sell suppressors without paying additional tax and wait times, but that's a question for lawyers.
    You still have to have two people to form a trust no? On mine it's me and my dad. My mind is completely blank right now so I can't recall in my stupor how each person is listed (the technical titles that is). I think it's settlor, trustee, beneficiary, and successor. I have my current trust set up where both myself and my dad have equal claim as co trustees so worst case scenario for me I would just have to get him to take a ride and do prints and pics which would be very easy to do.

If he wasn't a trustee I don't know if this 41F bullshit would still require fingerprints and whatnot... but still even with no changes at all having him take a ride to get it done would be relatively easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After the suppressor is approved, you can add family members or whoever you want without having to fingerprint/photo them. (This is per 41F details)
    I've thought about that actually. In Texas you don't even have to file your trust with anyone at all so that process is really easy, but even with a single trustee both people had to get notaries and all that bullshit I think. I could be wrong about that. I just know me and my dad had to both sign in front of a notary but then again he's a co trustee. But if you look at their chart on the link they are saying 'a one time digital signature'. I guess if they are getting all your info with pics and prints they don't care about a notary under 41F?

I have thought about this too, although I have absolutely zero chance in hell that I am going to be selling a suppressor to anyone, like ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you don't need two people. And supposedly the trust they're using doesn't require a notary, either.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you'll have a Trust for each item. Hmm. For someone like myself who will only have a few items that doesn't sound so bad.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    The unlimited option looks good too. I predict a fast attack "loophole closure task force" will be deployed by the anti-gun lobby, toot sweet.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    So you'll have a Trust for each item. Hmm. For someone like myself who will only have a few items that doesn't sound so bad.
    Assuming it works the way they say it is a viable option. For me considering that I don't have a crap ton of people on my trust, if anything the new system would just get me to wait and consolidate purchases, but even then that still wouldn't be completely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The unlimited option looks good too. I predict a fast attack "loophole closure task force" will be deployed by the anti-gun lobby, toot sweet.
    You know, it's kind of comical that Obama did all this bullshit in the name of background checks all for those evil horrible "most dangerous of all" death machines called silencers...and in less than a year they largely defeated the entire purpose of 41F. And they did the whole thing legally. The net result is we are back to square one in real terms that Obama was trying to make a deal about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    That whole adding people to the trust after it's been approved... betcha Obama didn't think of that one did he?

Downloads
    Uploads

100% Correct. Included with the trust is a contact form for the lawyers if the purchaser wishes to ask the lawyer additional questions.

No, you don't need two people. And supposedly the trust they're using doesn't require a notary, either.
    Also correct. This trust does not require a notary just a digital signature.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That whole adding people to the trust after it's been approved... betcha Obama didn't think of that one did he?
    Actually if you read 41F it calls out about 12 times that you can add people after the NFA item has been approved and you don't have to contact the ATF.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's, Rugged, SIG, SureFire, Tactical Solutions,Thunder Beast, YHM
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    As the executor of a trust you can just remove trustees and beneficiary's then add them back on once the form is approved. Just add the changes to the schedule one and write a new cover page.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    As the executor of a trust you can just remove trustees and beneficiary's then add them back on once the form is approved. Just add the changes to the schedule one and write a new cover page.
    Correct, the issue is that then the trustees can't use the items on the trust while you have one pending.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    Actually if you read 41F it calls out about 12 times that you can add people after the NFA item has been approved and you don't have to contact the ATF.
    Admittedly I didn't read the entire executive order but from my understanding it was supposedly to be for that whole 'universal background check' thing... but from all appearances in large part it's no different in that regard than it ever has been.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it actually did do what it was intended to do. That is to run a background check on the person buying the silencer. However it doesn't stop people from adding others and not having a background check.
    Silencer Shop
    www.silencershop.com
    512-931-4556